Post by Smith1776 »

lol!
PP
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by Mountaineer »

dualstow wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:52 pm Vinny, I’m used to you writing statements with a question mark, but a question mark after an ‘I’m sure?
My head’s going to explode. O0
I'm sure you are right? ;)
“If you want to know what God thinks of money, look at the people he gave it to.” —Dorothy Parker
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

🤯
yankees60
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by yankees60 »

dualstow wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:52 pm
Vinny, I’m used to you writing statements with a question mark, but a question mark after an ‘I’m sure?

It's called tempering my apparent certainty with the possibility of me being completely wrong.

We will see which way Smith1776 reveals is correct.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

vnatale wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:50 am It's called tempering my apparent certainty with the possibility of me being completely wrong.
I was going to say that there’s a shorter road to that, that you could just not use “sure” in the first place — but I suppose that’s what makes you so delightfully Vinny O0
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

vnatale wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:50 am
dualstow wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:52 pm Vinny, I’m used to you writing statements with a question mark, but a question mark after an ‘I’m sure?
It's called tempering my apparent certainty with the possibility of me being completely wrong.

We have a population just north of a million people here in Edmonton. How about your city?
PP
yankees60
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by yankees60 »

Smith1776 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:55 pm
vnatale wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:50 am
dualstow wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:52 pm
Vinny, I’m used to you writing statements with a question mark, but a question mark after an ‘I’m sure?

We have a population just north of a million people here in Edmonton. How about your city?

And, your library has just ONE copy??!!

As I stated above:

"The library is in an unincorporated village and census-designated place in my town. Its population is 4,500 over 2.3 square miles."
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

vnatale wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:11 pm

And, your library has just ONE copy??!!

As I stated above:

"The library is in an unincorporated village and census-designated place in my town. Its population is 4,500 over 2.3 square miles."
Ah, I missed that. Sorry.

Lol we don't have the copy yet.. as you can see in the screenshot the book is still "on order" hahaha.
PP
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

The RICHARD WRANGHAM interview with Led is so interesting. Evolution, aggression, alpha males…
Thank you again, Vinny, for introducing the podcast.
yankees60
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by yankees60 »

dualstow wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:35 am
The RICHARD WRANGHAM interview with Led is so interesting. Evolution, aggression, alpha males…
Thank you again, Vinny, for introducing the podcast.

You are hearing far him more often these days than I am!

I used to listen to the five Sunday news shows twice. Now I've barely been able to get them in once. They are my first priority and all other listening, including Lex, come next.

But this afternoon I may be doing some work on this computer which does not require reading so it will free my mind to listen.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

I listened to the Michael Saylor interview that Lex (Led?) Fridman did and now I'm down a Michael Saylor rabbit hole.
PP
yankees60
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by yankees60 »

Smith1776 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:43 am
I listened to the Michael Saylor interview that Lex (Led?) Fridman did and now I'm down a Michael Saylor rabbit hole.

Lex is a gem that I have been negligently not been experiencing. But my reading always has priority over listening. However, I do need to devise some ways of listening to him on a regular basis.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

How about while washing the dishes and snorkeling?
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

dualstow wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:50 pm How about while washing the dishes and snorkeling?
Vinny, (in jest): Do you wash dishes (other than urine jars) or let the cats lick them clean? Do you snorkel or snortle more frequently? Asking for a friend. ;)
“If you want to know what God thinks of money, look at the people he gave it to.” —Dorothy Parker
yankees60
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by yankees60 »

Mountaineer wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:23 pm
dualstow wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:50 pm

Vinny, (in jest): Do you wash dishes (other than urine jars) or let the cats lick them clean? Do you snorkel or snortle more frequently? Asking for a friend. ;)

In all seriousness .. wash dishes every other day using no more than one sink full of hot water. Final step is rinsing all those urine jars for their next use. Was quite surprised the other day to see that for the two prior days I'd averaged ten cups output per day. All, of course, ended up in the compost pile.

Have never snorkeled in my life. NOT a water person. In the last 40+ years have been in the water once. Did it a lot as a kid but other things now are obviously far more appealing than being in water.

And, to get back to Dualstow's point. The above dish jar washing takes so little time that I'd get nowhere (comparatively) in a Lex interview. Instead, listen to good, loud music while in front of the kitchen sinks.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

vnatale wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:33 pm
dualstow wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:50 pm How about while washing the dishes and snorkeling?
In all seriousness .. wash dishes every other day using no more than one sink full of hot water. Final step is rinsing all those urine jars for their next use. Was quite surprised the other day to see that for the two prior days I'd averaged ten cups output per day. All, of course, ended up in the compost pile.

Have never snorkeled in my life. NOT a water person. In the last 40+ years have been in the water once. Did it a lot as a kid but other things now are obviously far more appealing than being in water.

And, to get back to Dualstow's point. The above dish jar washing takes so little time that I'd get nowhere (comparatively) in a Lex interview. Instead, listen to good, loud music while in front of the kitchen sinks.
Vinny, I hesitate to dispute your claim, but you definitely are a water person if you pass water freely at a 10 cups per day rate. You are at the grand master level of peeing! ;D
yankees60
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by yankees60 »

Mountaineer wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:48 pm
vnatale wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:33 pm
dualstow wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:50 pm

Vinny, I hesitate to dispute your claim, but you definitely are a water person if you pass water freely at a 10 cups per day rate. You are at the grand master level of peeing! ;D

Guilty as charged! A oftentimes grand water out putter!

But limited exposure to water on my skin, particularly via being immersed in a body of water.

My daily water consumption is 4 cups of green tea. Then two 3 cup blends of food, with obviously a lot of water in them. There may be some additional sources of water during the day. But that's about my daily baseline for water intake.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

Hello from Hong Kong! O0

IMG_3208.jpeg
IMG_3208.jpeg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 97560 times
PP
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Yay! Terrible view, though 😂
Couldn’t you get a picture of a food stand or tiled roof or something?
yankees60
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by yankees60 »

Smith1776 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:42 am
Hello from Hong Kong! O0

IMG_3208.jpeg

From what countries are most of the cars from? They all look fairly new.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

dualstow wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:09 am Yay! Terrible view, though 😂
Some local snacks. 8)

795685a7-9c35-4afd-ad89-8bb758aba811.jpeg
795685a7-9c35-4afd-ad89-8bb758aba811.jpeg (207.34 KiB) Viewed 97446 times
IMG_3209.jpeg
IMG_3209.jpeg (98.78 KiB) Viewed 97446 times
PP
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

vnatale wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:51 am
Smith1776 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:42 am Hello from Hong Kong! O0

IMG_3208.jpeg
From what countries are most of the cars from? They all look fairly new.

Today I saw a Ferrari parked in front of our hotel. 🚗
PP
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Smith1776 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:50 pm
dualstow wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:09 am Yay! Terrible view, though 😂
Some local snacks. 8)

795685a7-9c35-4afd-ad89-8bb758aba811.jpeg
IMG_3209.jpeg
Better! 😋
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

View from the hotel.

image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg (128.74 KiB) Viewed 97375 times
PP
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Nice, Smithers!
_ _ _ _ _
My parents got scammed again. Damn, they’re getting old. That’s twice in two months.