Where you live?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Where you live?

Post by vnatale »

Here is a Google Earth view of where I live. Most of you would consider it rural?

As I have a few times stated, my street (40 mph) is the major road in the area so first to get snow plowed by the town.

Houses within a mile each way of my house on my street probably range in price between $115,000 to $450,000. Quite mixed neighborhood in that way. Being Mr. Frugal in all ways my house is on the lower end of that price range. I've always preferred having my investments in financial assets rather than one that has ever increasing costs to maintain it and high transactions to buy & sell.

Across the street from me is property that gets farmed with the attendant farm stand. Right above it is what used to be a horse stable. I think people used to come to it to ride horses.

The woods along the right? In the 70s, there were plans to build a nuclear power plant there until an act of civil disobedience played a role in derailing that plan. At the time I was living in a trailer about 4 miles away from my present house.

Just added a second picture. Looks quite rural!

Vinny
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (258.62 KiB) Viewed 1338 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (425.06 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Where you live?

Post by Mark Leavy »

Today I'm living in a nearly empty whorehouse in Williams, AZ. I got the "Best Gal's" room.
https://www.redgarter.com

I did a social distancing hike in the backyard this morning.

All of the National Parks in Arizona and Utah are open with no entrance fees - and also no services and virtually no people. I'm moving to Bryce Canyon in the morning.
BrightAngel.jpg
BrightAngel.jpg (283.24 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
RedGarter.jpg
RedGarter.jpg (245.49 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Mark Leavy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:02 pm ...
All of the National Parks in Arizona and Utah are open with no entrance fees - and also no services and virtually no people. I'm moving to Bryce Canyon in the morning.
Wow!
9pm EST Explosions in Iran (Isfahan) and Syria and Iraq. Not yet confirmed.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

dualstow wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:01 am
Mark Leavy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:02 pm ...
Wow!
Per your new signature. You watching Cuomo now? Quite impressive each day. Aside from the prior cited two (so far) "Biden Moments".

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I switched to Spongebob because it's the only thing I can hear while cooking.
I will catch up on Cuomo via youtube, though. I appreciate his updates.
9pm EST Explosions in Iran (Isfahan) and Syria and Iraq. Not yet confirmed.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

dualstow wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:46 am I switched to Spongebob because it's the only thing I can hear while cooking.
I will catch up on Cuomo via youtube, though. I appreciate his updates.
My main sound system is in the living room. I have four huge speaker systems in there (each with 15" woofers). Also connected to that sound system are two speakers in this bedroom (which I'm listening to now), two in the bathroom, and two in the kitchen. That gives me (seamless) sound coverage in every room in the house that I'm in.

Vinny