Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:51 am

Re: Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Post by Dieter » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:00 pm

I wouldn't trust Russia numbers.

But I also can easily believe they responded better to it than the US did.
User avatar
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3486
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Post by sophie » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:20 pm

Dieter wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:00 pm
I wouldn't trust Russia numbers.

But I also can easily believe they responded better to it than the US did.
So what did they do in the way of "responding better"?

I'm inclined to believe that plenty of politicians are taking advantage of the situation to promote themselves or pursue their favorite soapboxes - see for example all the ridiculous unrelated pet projects stuffed into the stimulus bill, like the LGBTQ and whatever other initials reporting requirement. Or, Bill de Blasio achieving his wet dream of releasing most of the prison population, which is already resulting in (yet another) big uptick in crime. I think it's disgusting, but it's not a conspiracy in the sense that there isn't an organized effort involved. Just a lot of extremely self-serving individuals. Which, come to think of it, is practically a prerequisite for a political career.
User avatar
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2453
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Re: Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Conspiracy Submission #398

If the new evidence is correct that people who've previously had the virus are being re-infected, I'd like to submit the theory that this is an engineered virus meant to cull the old and weak. Forever. The creator was a fan of Orson Scott Card, in particular the Bean storyline (Ender's Game). Likely has ties to the group in China that was working on genetic engineering super-smart babies. Has a penchant for going sockless.
All of humanity’s problems with coronavirus stem from a man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.
- Blasé Kriegsspiel
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3739
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:51 pm

sophie wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:20 pm
Dieter wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:00 pm
I wouldn't trust Russia numbers.

But I also can easily believe they responded better to it than the US did.
So what did they do in the way of "responding better"?

I'm inclined to believe that plenty of politicians are taking advantage of the situation to promote themselves or pursue their favorite soapboxes - see for example all the ridiculous unrelated pet projects stuffed into the stimulus bill, like the LGBTQ and whatever other initials reporting requirement. Or, Bill de Blasio achieving his wet dream of releasing most of the prison population, which is already resulting in (yet another) big uptick in crime. I think it's disgusting, but it's not a conspiracy in the sense that there isn't an organized effort involved. Just a lot of extremely self-serving individuals. Which, come to think of it, is practically a prerequisite for a political career.
Well said. 8)
I've learned that to ignore the truth does not change the truth.
Emojis are visual acryonyms. :)
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:51 am

Re: Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Post by Dieter » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:38 pm

I said I wouldn't be surprised. No idea what they did or didn't do.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:40 am
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Post by boglerdude » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:35 pm

Deep State/Fourth Estate grabbed Trumpy by the p**

He cant call it overhyped, and has to concede everything to end the recession before election. Whats happening with his tariffs?

Best part is, his supporters (more inclined to be paranoid) prefer the narrative that this cold virus will end the world
User avatar
CT-Scott
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:39 am

Re: Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Post by CT-Scott » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:58 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:50 pm
Conspiracy Submission #398

If the new evidence is correct that people who've previously had the virus are being re-infected, I'd like to submit the theory that this is an engineered virus meant to cull the old and weak. Forever.
Along these lines, I believe a popular conspiracy theory several years back was that Bill & Melinda Gates were part of a group of elites who wanted to kill off a large swath of the global population. I never read up much on it, but a quick Google search turns up this (FWIW, I'm actually not a big fan of Snopes):
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bill- ... opulation/

In that particular article, it ties in "vaccines" as the supposed method for killing off people. I never really went down the rabbit-hole of reading much on this conspiracy theory when I first heard it a few years back, so I'm not sure if the believers of the conspiracy theory necessarily believed that vaccines were tied to it.

If the theory is true, it would be especially twisted, given that a lot of people have recently been citing Bill Gates for warning about a potential global pandemic, and talking about how smart he was/is for predicting it. Well, of course he was able to predict it if he's one of the people actually behind it.

Turning back around to the older population angle on the current situation...it is rather "fortunate" for the government that Social Security, which many in government have been warning about the insolvency of, could become a lot more solvent if a lot of older people get killed off from this virus.
User avatar
CT-Scott
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:39 am

Re: Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Post by CT-Scott » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:04 am

I think I mentioned somewhere before, that I do sometimes find conspiracy theories interesting to read about and ponder over, and I have a natural tendency toward believing the opposite of whatever someone in the government tells me. I have no particular belief one way or the other about this current situation, in regards to whether it could be man-made, or simply a case where people in the government are going to "take advantage" of the situation to further increase the size of the government, reduce personal liberties, and coordinate some wealth transfer.

All I can do is read the tea leaves as best I can, and do whatever I can (within my power) to protect the health and wealth of myself, my family, and my friends.
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2632
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Post by vnatale » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:28 am

CT-Scott wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:04 am
I think I mentioned somewhere before, that I do sometimes find conspiracy theories interesting to read about and ponder over, and I have a natural tendency toward believing the opposite of whatever someone in the government tells me. I have no particular belief one way or the other about this current situation, in regards to whether it could be man-made, or simply a case where people in the government are going to "take advantage" of the situation to further increase the size of the government, reduce personal liberties, and coordinate some wealth transfer.

All I can do is read the tea leaves as best I can, and do whatever I can (within my power) to protect the health and wealth of myself, my family, and my friends.
Except that one could argue that "the government" is at least 75% (or more) controlled by one party. The conservative one which is supposed to be all about "small" government and fiscal responsibility.

It has been ironic these last few days to see them all proudly strutting around while they blithely tack on yet another $2 trillion to the deficit!

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Post by flyingpylon » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:06 am

vnatale wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:28 am
Except that one could argue that "the government" is at least 75% (or more) controlled by one party.
Yes, the UniParty. Some lean left and some lean right in order to maintain the facade of a two-party system.
User avatar
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 am

Re: Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Post by Maddy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:47 am

People want to know: just how bad is the COVID-19 virus and is fighting it worth the destruction of the world’s economic and financial system while disrupting the lives of hundreds of millions of people? The story behind the story will make it clear that things are seldom as they seem.

In short and when seen through the lens of Sustainable Development, aka Technocracy, the whole world has just been punked and then panicked into destroying itself over COVID-19.

The culprit? A world-class Technocrat in Britain: Dr. Neil Ferguson, PhD is a professor at Imperial College in London that bills itself as a “global university”. It is thoroughly steeped in Sustainable Development and more dedicated to social causes than academic achievement. In fact, Imperial is very well-known for its alarmist research reports on climate change, carbon reduction, environmental degradation, loss of biodiversity, etc.

The problem with the global warming meme is that it is a tired, worn-out racehorse that much of the world simply ignores. Global warming alarmists have tried every trick in the book to stampede the world into Sustainable Development. They have knowingly falsified climate data, flooded the world with inaccurate academic reports, held world meetings like the Paris Accord in France, threatened and bullied their critics, created a global youth movement to shame leaders into action, etc. All of these strategies have failed to usher in the UN’s Sustainable Development, aka Technocracy, and show little promise of success in the future.

What the Sustainable Development crowd needed was to put their non-performing racehorse “Global Warming” out to pasture and find a brand new horse that could finally run and win the race to what the UN calls “deep transformation” of the entire global economic system. The new horse is named “COVID-19”. Different horse, same jockey, same race, same finish line.
https://www.technocracy.news/the-common ... -hysteria/
User avatar
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1729
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

Post by Cortopassi » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:39 am

I just know everyone here is too intelligent to believe any of these conspiracies, right? ::) But there's that intelligence trap Vinny mentions.

We are losing, and will continue to lose people. But, once this is resolved, we will (probably) discover that we were too aggressive in the measures taken, and/or they weren't the right measures to take (maybe Sweden will be a good example of what countries should have done).

In any event, if this was meant to be a world changing event, we already normally have 150k people who die worldwide every day. This doesn't look to come anywhere near even a few days of normal worldwide deaths.

So in the end, what will change? If anything, the world community will become more resistant to these strong government lockdown measures. Isn't that the opposite effect of what a lot of these conspiracies are worried about?

Take advantage to increase the size of government? If anything, this virus has hastened the path to a federal government collapse and has put many state governments on the brink, and I assume local governments are getting killed also. And what will they be able to do? Raise taxes on a population that now has 10/20/30% unemployment? Impossible. I see a lot of bankruptcies becoming the norm, and with it, smaller governments.
Post Reply