Blueprint for reopening the country for business

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Blueprint for reopening the country for business

Post by Maddy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:17 am

Conspicuously absent from this comprehensive going-forward plan is any mention of backtracking on the nearly universally-accepted U.N. goals for "sustainable development," a major feature of which is "density, density, density." Land use policies in nearly every county in the country now incorporate plans to deter future construction of single-family housing and "sprawl" and to move people into densely-populated urban zones featuring "stack and pack" housing and multi-use buildings (i.e., retail downstairs and apartments above). The CoVid-19 situation should serve as a major wake-up call for city and county planners who have bought into these goals, hook, line and sinker.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Blueprint for reopening the country for business

Post by Libertarian666 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:23 am

Maddy wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:17 am
Conspicuously absent from this comprehensive going-forward plan is any mention of backtracking on the nearly universally-accepted U.N. goals for "sustainable development," a major feature of which is "density, density, density." Land use policies in nearly every county in the country now incorporate plans to deter future construction of single-family housing and "sprawl" and to move people into densely-populated urban zones featuring "stack and pack" housing and multi-use buildings (i.e., retail downstairs and apartments above). The CoVid-19 situation should serve as a major wake-up call for city and county planners who have bought into these goals, hook, line and sinker.
I agree those goals should be rethought but I think that can wait a bit longer.
The plan is for the near future, not the next 20 years.