Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

bedraggled
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Forum Stuff

Post by bedraggled »

Xan,

I just had a post disappear trying to submit on the Permanent Tooth Care thread.

Try again later.

And thanks for all you've done. I can take this inconvenience in stride. Just thought you should know.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

bedraggled wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm Xan,

I just had a post disappear trying to submit on the Permanent Tooth Care thread.

Try again later.

And thanks for all you've done. I can take this inconvenience in stride. Just thought you should know.
What do you see when you click Submit, instead of your post? Is there any kind of error message? Do you have to log in again afterwards? (Maybe your session is timing out?)
bedraggled
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by bedraggled »

No error message. I may have clicked "Send a Reply" but I'm not sure how. When I went to the thread, Mountaineer had posted immediately before, say within a minute. His post came up as soon as I clicked on the thread. Again, this may have been my goof. If it happens again, I will notify you here immediately.

Too much benefit here to complain.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Xan wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:17 pm
bedraggled wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm Xan,

Try again later.

What do you see when you click Submit, instead of your post? Is there any kind of error message? Do you have to log in again afterwards? (Maybe your session is timing out?)
Xan,

As I posted earlier in response....sometimes when I do something (not sure what) when I think I'm Submitting I really have not. Therefore try to pay particular attention to it now.

VInny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I don't suppose you guys are being tripped up by the message that another post has come in while you were composing, right?
It wouldn't make your post vanish-- instead it takes you back to your Edit screen with the (other person's) new post above your Edit, in case you want to change something in light of it.
Just on the off chance that you're not aware of it, you have to click one extra time to submit yours.
9pm EST Explosions in Iran (Isfahan) and Syria and Iraq. Not yet confirmed.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

dualstow wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:11 pm I don't suppose you guys are being tripped up by the message that another post has come in while you were composing, right?
It wouldn't make your post vanish-- instead it takes you back to your Edit screen with the (other person's) new post above your Edit, in case you want to change something in light of it.
Just on the off chance that you're not aware of it, you have to click one extra time to submit yours.
I think that is EXACTLY it as I'm at the same time also puzzled that I'm seeing other posts and wondering if this is something that happens all the time but I'm generally not noticing it.

VInny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Yup, I think dualstow figured it out.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

bedraggled wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:53 am In my 'notifications' section, home page with the bell- top right, I have a '2' next to the bell. When I checked, there are two people who are not forum members with irrelevant info. I usually ignore 'notification' and I did not click/open either one. How did these 2 notifications get to me?

Thanks.
Bedraggled, my best guess would be that they were spammers. If they aren't forum members they must already be banned, as they would have had to be members to post.
bedraggled
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by bedraggled »

DS,

Thanks. Can I delete these notifications?

Cheers.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

bedraggled wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:58 pm ...
Can I delete these notifications?
Click that same bell icon, and then click Settings to the right. You can uncheck everything except what's really important to you, say, receiving private messages.