dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Berned Out

Post by dualstow »

(from Stock Scream)
vnatale wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:03 am
dualstow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:58 am
MangoMan wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:36 am Stocks higher on news that Bernie drops out of race.

I guess stocks think Sanders would have been bad for the economy! ::)
Wow! I wonder how long the boost will last.
As I'm listening to him speak live on C-Span I'm reminded at how overjoyed I am that he no longer has an kind of formal national platform to speak. He now just fades into the background just like all the other candidates who have suspended or ended their candidacies.

I am shocked how so many were duped into NOT seeing his particular supreme egocentricity and clearly placing self needs / desires over country.
(TDS)
shekels wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:05 am Say Goodbye Bernie 8)

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/08/bernie- ... imary.html

I'm sure many Democrats are breathing a sigh of relief today now that they're down to one contender. Still, it's not clear that all Bernie supporters are going to go out and vote for Biden in the national elections.

What do you think?
🍍
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Berned Out

Post by dualstow »

In four years: You never know. The guy's on fire! O0
It's crazy that he made this announcement hours ago and there is barely a word about it in the MSM.
I'm sure they're putting something together that is relevant to the current environment, something more substantial than a headline. I guess it's not the kind of thing that you can write in advance, like an obituary.
🍍
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

dualstow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:07 am (from Stock Scream)
MangoMan wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:36 am Stocks higher on news that Bernie drops out of race.

As I'm listening to him speak live on C-Span I'm reminded at how overjoyed I am that he no longer has an kind of formal national platform to speak. He now just fades into the background just like all the other candidates who have suspended or ended their candidacies.

I am shocked how so many were duped into NOT seeing his particular supreme egocentricity and clearly placing self needs / desires over country.
(TDS)
shekels wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:05 am Say Goodbye Bernie 8)

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/08/bernie- ... imary.html

I'm sure many Democrats are breathing a sigh of relief today now that they're down to one contender. Still, it's not clear that all Bernie supporters are going to go out and vote for Biden in the national elections.

What do you think?
I've never been a supporter of either of the two B's. Therefore I'm voting third party. Unless the Democratic Party comes to its senses and replaces Biden.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

MangoMan wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:09 am

Vinny
I'm pretty sure he will be too old to try again in 4 years.

Dualstow's signature line wrote:BREAKING: BERNIE SANDERS HAS DROPPED OUT source: Pugchief post
It's crazy that he made this announcement hours ago and there is barely a word about it in the MSM.
I give fairly high odds he is not alive on January 20, 2025. He does not strike me as a particularly healthy person nor someone who maintains a health lifestyle.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

vnatale wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:24 am I've never been a supporter of either of the two B's. Therefore I'm voting third party. Unless the Democratic Party comes to its senses and replaces Biden.
Seems like a stupid thing to do, throwing your vote away like that. I may very well do the same. O0
🍍
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

dualstow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:43 pm
vnatale wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:24 am I've never been a supporter of either of the two B's. Therefore I'm voting third party. Unless the Democratic Party comes to its senses and replaces Biden.
Seems like a stupid thing to do, throwing your vote away like that. I may very well do the same. O0
I don't consider it throwing away my vote. If someone is not worthy of vote, that person is not going to get it. It's the fault of both of the two parties that they each nominated an unworthy candidate. Therefore I accept no blame in either party's candidate not winning.

Vinny
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

vnatale wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:45 pm I don't consider it throwing away my vote. If someone is not worthy of vote, that person is not going to get it. It's the fault of both of the two parties that they each nominated an unworthy candidate. Therefore I accept no blame in either party's candidate not winning.
That's one way to look at it. I know the absolutist camp frowns on the lesser evil camp. But, the reality is we have to work with what we have. There are no perfect candidates. The fact that someone actually wants to run for office and be a politician of some sort is a red flag right there. Who wants someone who wants to be a politician?!

In any case, the machine will press on regardless of who wins.
🍍
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

dualstow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:52 pm
vnatale wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:45 pm I don't consider it throwing away my vote. If someone is not worthy of vote, that person is not going to get it. It's the fault of both of the two parties that they each nominated an unworthy candidate. Therefore I accept no blame in either party's candidate not winning.
That's one way to look at it. I know the absolutist camp frowns on the lesser evil camp. But, the reality is we have to work with what we have. There are no perfect candidates. The fact that someone actually wants to run for office and be a politician of some sort is a red flag right there. Who wants someone who wants to be a politician?!

My emotional part of me takes over when I start viewing it as similar to my sports teams - my team versus the other team. But I'm totally tied into my sports teams no matter what. Not the same way for any political party.

Vinny
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

vnatale wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:55 pm My emotional part of me takes over when I start viewing it as similar to my sports teams - my team versus the other team. But I'm totally tied into my sports teams no matter what. Not the same way for any political party.
It's good to be dispassionate when making your choice, but if you ignore sports there are no consequences, except maybe that guy who touched all the microphones earns less money.

Not choosing a candidate from one of the two main parties is something of a cop out. I may do it. But I am aware that it's a cop out.
🍍
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

dualstow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:04 pm
vnatale wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:55 pm My emotional part of me takes over when I start viewing it as similar to my sports teams - my team versus the other team. But I'm totally tied into my sports teams no matter what. Not the same way for any political party.
It's good to be dispassionate when making your choice, but if you ignore sports there are no consequences, except maybe that guy who touched all the microphones earns less money.

Not choosing a candidate from one of the two main parties is something of a cop out. I may do it. But I am aware that it's a cop out.
Obviously I disagree. At this point I don't like either candidate in any way, except that Trump is far more entertaining to watch.

Vinny
D1984
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by D1984 »

dualstow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:04 pm

It's definitely a cop-out if you live in a swing state....but if you live in one of the "sure thing" states (i.e. states whose voters our Electoral College renders all but irrelevant in Presidential elections due to that state being a sure thing for one party or the other) then I guess voting for a third party candidate--or for your cat or your dog, or Harambe the gorilla, or Deez Nutz, etc--isn't really a cop-out since it won't make a difference anyway.

Again, the above obviously does not apply if you live in one of the nine or ten "true swing" or "swingyish" states.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

I agree, D1984.
🍍
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem »

Politically I've always seen Sanders as basically a commie light and there is no way I'd have ever voted for him. But while he may have been a bit of a political nut, he was a relatively honest nut. And that is a rare quality in politics.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Ad Orientem wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:19 pm Politically I've always seen Sanders as basically a commie light and there is no way I'd have ever voted for him. But while he may have been a bit of a political nut, he was a relatively honest nut. And that is a rare quality in politics.
Maybe that is what he was constantly trying to sell. I have my severe doubts as to his honesty.

I'm listening to him now, giving his suspension speech.

He just said, "This campaign has never been about me." I immediately blurted out (with no one here to hear me), "It's ALWAYS been about you!"

Vinny
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Simonjester wrote:
dualstow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:52 pm

i have been in both camps during different elections, against McCain i voted libertarian (horror show) Romney i cast a lesser of two evils vote (also a horror show but not as obvious at the time)..
What’re you thinking for this year, Simonjester?
Simonjester wrote:
trump got my vote last go around, based on the long shot hope of being a real outsider who would actually keep his promises, (in complete opposition to what politicians always do... say what you want to hear then do whats best for them..). So far he has been a win on that count, and as a bonus the TDS driving the left and the rinos who live and breath by doing the above completely nuts, to the point of exposing there slimy nature is awesome...
🍍
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

Oh god, it's going to either be Biden or Trump for the next 4 years.

Cheese and crackers, it's like choosing between being infected with tape worms or guinea worms.
💻 DITM 📚
🛞 www.allterraininvesting.com 🛞
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Smith1776 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:40 pm Oh god, it's going to either be Biden or Trump for the next 4 years.

Cheese and crackers, it's like choosing between being infected with tape worms or guinea worms.
You think this would be a winning campaign ad??!!!

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (25.71 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

vnatale wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:48 pm
Smith1776 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:40 pm Oh god, it's going to either be Biden or Trump for the next 4 years.

Capture.JPG
LMAO.

This timeline sucks. This season of 2020 needs a new show runner and new screenwriters.
💻 DITM 📚
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Smith1776 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:52 pm
vnatale wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:48 pm

Capture.JPG
LMAO.

This timeline sucks. This season of 2020 needs a new show runner and new screenwriters.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (64.56 KiB) Viewed 3594 times
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Smith1776 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:40 pm Cheese and crackers
I’ve only heard that uttered one other time in my life: Butters from South Park.
Though American, he’s what some would call “Canadian nice.”

So it’s looking like Cuomo will be the Dem frontrunner.
As they said in the wall street journal, sometimes the crisis makes the candidate.
🍍
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

dualstow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:06 pm
Smith1776 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:40 pm Cheese and crackers
I’ve only heard that uttered one other time in my life: Butters from South Park.
Though American, he’s what some would call “Canadian nice.”

So it’s looking like Cuomo will be the Dem frontrunner.
As they said in the wall street journal, sometimes the crisis makes the candidate.
LOL. I heard it in the M. Night Shyamalan film The Happening, and since then I've used it as a polite alternative to saying "Jesus Christ" as an expression of exasperation.
Simonjester wrote: cheesum crow.. not sure where i heard it, another regional polite-ism for "Jesus Christ"
💻 DITM 📚
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

dualstow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:06 pm So it’s looking like Cuomo will be the Dem frontrunner.
ha
Attachments
demcuom.jpeg
demcuom.jpeg (121.01 KiB) Viewed 3691 times
🍍
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne »

Yah, I also think Cuomo will be pressed into service after a few weeks of campaigning that will result in Biden looking like a total disaster. Sad for Biden personally, but he just can't do the Presidency in his current cognitively impaired state. If nothing like that happens, Trump will win in a landslide... hard core Dem voters will still hold their noses and vote for Biden, but many will just stay home or do what Vinny and dualstow say they will do (throwaway vote).

If you want an idea of what kind of politician he is: he definitely deserves to be commended for the quality of his daily briefings, his obvious compassion for the people in his state, his determination to get the job done, how smart he is about listening to expert opinion and finding creative solutions, and his level of engagement and how hard he is obviously working. On all those points, he will beat Trump hands down. However, there's a a negative side here: he's a serious big government/high tax type. Witness how, despite the fact that NY is facing a budget armageddon, he passed a state budget crammed full of new, costly social programs - on top of the costly social programs he already put in place while in office. Plus, he was the mastermind behind NY's disastrous version of bail reform. Trump has infinite ways to mow him down in a general election campaign. For starters, he can say: taxpayers are fleeing NY and for good reason, while the state excels at attracting welfare recipients - do you want the whole country to be run that way?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

WiseOne wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:00 am Yah, I also think Cuomo will be pressed into service after a few weeks of campaigning that will result in Biden looking like a total disaster. Sad for Biden personally, but he just can't do the Presidency in his current cognitively impaired state. If nothing like that happens, Trump will win in a landslide... hard core Dem voters will still hold their noses and vote for Biden, but many will just stay home or do what Vinny and dualstow say they will do (throwaway vote).

If you want an idea of what kind of politician he is: he definitely deserves to be commended for the quality of his daily briefings, his obvious compassion for the people in his state, his determination to get the job done, how smart he is about listening to expert opinion and finding creative solutions, and his level of engagement and how hard he is obviously working. On all those points, he will beat Trump hands down. However, there's a a negative side here: he's a serious big government/high tax type. Witness how, despite the fact that NY is facing a budget armageddon, he passed a state budget crammed full of new, costly social programs - on top of the costly social programs he already put in place while in office. Plus, he was the mastermind behind NY's disastrous version of bail reform. Trump has infinite ways to mow him down in a general election campaign. For starters, he can say: taxpayers are fleeing NY and for good reason, while the state excels at attracting welfare recipients - do you want the whole country to be run that way?
1) I don't at all consider it a "throwaway" vote. What does it matter anyway how I vote in Massachusetts?

2) I was initially impressed with Cuomo based upon the first or two briefings but have since had a few reservations about him. Early on I already witnessed him having two "Biden" moments and he is only 62 years old. His "briefings" seem to go on forever. Which always makes me wonder, doesn't he have a better use of this time? People need to constantly be seeing him to present information to him to get decisions out of him. They cannot move forward while his in those briefings. And, that he is not at all economical in those briefings makes me think that he is then not a good time manager which always makes be think he's probably also not a good money manager.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

MangoMan wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:34 am
WiseOne wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:00 am Yah, I also think Cuomo will be pressed into service after a few weeks of campaigning that will result in Biden looking like a total disaster. Sad for Biden personally, but he just can't do the Presidency in his current cognitively impaired state.
How do they rationalize giving the nomination to someone who didn't even participate in the primaries? The logical thing to do, if Biden proves unfit, is to give the nomination to the runner-up, i.e., Sanders. Anything else would prove (again) what a farce the DNC is.
How is it any different when someone like Sanders uses all the DNC and the Democratic Party is to be a Democrat ONLY when he is running for President? They don't him anything. They owe Democratic Party supporters putting forth a candidate who can win.

Vinny