Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Being supportive of rioters

Post by Hal » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:35 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:14 am
a2W53N1_700b.jpg
Must have been influenced by those radical Japanese ;)

https://japantoday.com/category/nationa ... ne’s-money
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Being supportive of rioters

Post by doodle » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:07 am

stuper1 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:01 pm
Anti-racism as a religion sounds about right. It's a huge strawman argument. They say racism is the problem, but the problem is the breakdown of families, especially among poor minorities. Take Minneapolis for example, where everything started this time. As some have pointed out, Minnesota has been a liberal state since forever. When was the last time they voted Republican? Probably none of us were alive the last time. So, with all that liberality, we are supposed to believe that racism is still a major problem in Minnesota? Is it just possible that the problem is not racism, but rather failed liberal social policies?

Big government is the problem, not the solution.

If you want to help poor people, don't vote for big government.
I'm just reminded of my Jamaican coworker who traveled the same route home after work that I did. He got pulled over at least once a month...I never did.

I don't have all the answers...

I think blaming all of this on failed liberal policies is a convenient oversimplification. I'm sure some policies had unintended negative consequences however.

The war on drugs has been an issue. White flight and inner city poverty and lack of resources for kids. A history of systemic prejudice. There are many many factors that led us here besides failed liberal policies.