Moderator: Global Moderator

Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Re: Being supportive of rioters

Post by Cortopassi »

stuper1 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:36 am
Cortopassi wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:39 am I've had daydreams of the whole world turning some same shade of dark brown and all speaking the same language. I wonder what would happen.
This is the fantasy of the globalists. This is what they want. To me, it sounds awful and boring. If I want to go visit Japan or Nigeria, I don't want it to look like Omaha. Differences are wonderful, as long as we treat each other with respect. If people want respect, they need to start by respecting themselves. If they act like animals, they will likely get treated as animals.
I always wondered what the rest of earth that wasn't in Starfleet did. Everything was automated, unlimited energy, unlimited food. I wonder what life was like on that earth.

I love differences.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

WiseOne wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:53 am
Xan wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:57 pm
Cortopassi wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:55 pmWe all had an opportunity to go to really good schools, and live in great neighborhoods.

I don't think most of us have any concept of living in neighborhoods like some of the ones where we are seeing the riots. Of going to shitty schools. Of being in fear of gangs.
Here's the thing about the "blame the bad neighborhoods they have to live in" theory: what primarily determines a "good" or "bad" neighborhood is the behavior of the neighbors. Same for the local public school: it's "good" or "bad" primarily based on the behavior of the students and parents.

So yes, you could pick an individual person and say "here's the problem with this guy: he had to grow up in that neighborhood. If he'd lived in a better neighborhood he'd have been just fine". That may well be true.

But at the group level, that doesn't make sense. Saying it boils down to "Black people are having these problems because they have to live near other black people, and you know what trouble THEY are." ...Okay, but why is THAT, then?
YES.

Same logic as "Nobody goes there. It's too crowded." I tend to think that criminal behavior is a choice, not an inbred trait or a law of nature. It is in the power of the black community to fix this problem. They're not interested.

There is no way that a confrontation between a police officer and a criminal is going to be anything but adversarial in nature, with an element of danger to both parties. In a way, it's amazing that there are so few incidents. Approaching it by assuming that police officers must always act like self-sacrificing angels is bound to fail. Reducing the number of such confrontations is the only solution. And there are just two ways to do that: 1) commit fewer crimes, and 2) don't try to enforce laws in black neighborhoods. The black community seems to be asking for the second solution, but they need to think hard about what that would mean.

To see the effects of solution #2 in action, go no further than certain neighborhoods in Philadelphia e.g. South Philly. The police don't go there except rarely and in pairs or groups - never alone. You can literally stand in an upscale area of Center City, look south, and see the destruction. With plenty of open parking spaces that no one from Center City will take, just half a block south of the border.
Philly is my home town. I was born there and spent a fair amount of my life either there or in the suburbs.
When someone asked me to describe it, I said: "South Philly is a slum, North Philly is a slum, and West Philly is a slum." Then when they asked "What about East Philly?", I would say "There isn't any East Philly."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel »

"We're on your side!" as rocks come smashing through the windows. Doesn't seem to work.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Thomas Chatterton Williams & John McWhorter making sense, as usual.
twitter.com/thomaschattwill/status/1268219204542611456?s=20

EDIT: more to the point (same as Xan’s link below) https://www.thedailybeast.com/antiracis ... w-religion
Last edited by dualstow on Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
🍍
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

dualstow wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:08 pm Thomas Chatterton Williams & John McWhorter making sense, as usual.
https://twitter.com/thomaschattwill/sta ... 11456?s=20
Had to dig a bit to find anything by McWhorter. Well worth a read:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/antiracis ... w-religion
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Xan wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:23 pm
dualstow wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:08 pm Thomas Chatterton Williams & John McWhorter making sense, as usual.
https://twitter.com/thomaschattwill/sta ... 11456?s=20
Had to dig a bit to find anything by McWhorter. Well worth a read:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/antiracis ... w-religion
Yeah, I noticed the original encapsulated tweet got wiped out. I just came here to put a direct link to McWhorter. Thanks for providing it!
🍍
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 »

Anti-racism as a religion sounds about right. It's a huge strawman argument. They say racism is the problem, but the problem is the breakdown of families, especially among poor minorities. Take Minneapolis for example, where everything started this time. As some have pointed out, Minnesota has been a liberal state since forever. When was the last time they voted Republican? Probably none of us were alive the last time. So, with all that liberality, we are supposed to believe that racism is still a major problem in Minnesota? Is it just possible that the problem is not racism, but rather failed liberal social policies?

Big government is the problem, not the solution.

If you want to help poor people, don't vote for big government.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

stuper1 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:01 pm Anti-racism as a religion sounds about right. It's a huge strawman argument. They say racism is the problem, but the problem is the breakdown of families, especially among poor minorities. Take Minneapolis for example, where everything started this time. As some have pointed out, Minnesota has been a liberal state since forever. When was the last time they voted Republican? Probably none of us were alive the last time. So, with all that liberality, we are supposed to believe that racism is still a major problem in Minnesota? Is it just possible that the problem is not racism, but rather failed liberal social policies?

No matter how big the government is, the "progressives" claim it's not big enough.
You would think people would be able to figure this out but apparently the lamestream brainwashing is too effective.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

MangoMan wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:54 pm
Kriegsspiel wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:07 pm "We're on your side!" as rocks come smashing through the windows. Doesn't seem to work.
Loved the comment "Two red pills were just thrown thru the window" LOLOLOL
under the original posting of the video,
Someone wrote: Inside this guy’s pleas of “we’re on your side” is the value that it is ok to do this to your political rivals.

Reminds me of Michael Moore on 9/11/01 saying the targets shouldn’t have been in states that voted for Gore.
🍍
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

a2W53N1_700b.jpg
a2W53N1_700b.jpg (43.1 KiB) Viewed 2496 times
DITM
www.allterraininvesting.com
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

O0
🍍
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Libertarian666 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:20 pm
Dieter wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:00 pm
Libertarian666 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:54 pm
Dieter wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:24 pm White natuonalists posing as Antifa.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/t ... r-n1221456
I'm glad Twitter is preventing white nationalists from horning in on Antifa's racket! What has this world come to, that a wonderful organization like Antifa can't organize their own riots without interference?
Where is your proof Antifa is an organization?

Proff that they have been organizing any of the violence?

What has this got to do with the point that FA organizations are trying to invite violence?

Being anti fascists in and of itself doesn't sound like a bad thing to me.
If you want to join Antifa, their Facebook page is a good place to start: https://www.facebook.com/antifa.usa/
Welcome to my ignore list.
Clicking on that link now gives you the below.

Vinny
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (24.7 KiB) Viewed 2309 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal »

Smith1776 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:14 am a2W53N1_700b.jpg
Must have been influenced by those radical Japanese ;)

https://japantoday.com/category/nationa ... ne’s-money
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

stuper1 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:01 pm Anti-racism as a religion sounds about right. It's a huge strawman argument. They say racism is the problem, but the problem is the breakdown of families, especially among poor minorities. Take Minneapolis for example, where everything started this time. As some have pointed out, Minnesota has been a liberal state since forever. When was the last time they voted Republican? Probably none of us were alive the last time. So, with all that liberality, we are supposed to believe that racism is still a major problem in Minnesota? Is it just possible that the problem is not racism, but rather failed liberal social policies?

I'm just reminded of my Jamaican coworker who traveled the same route home after work that I did. He got pulled over at least once a month...I never did.

I don't have all the answers...

I think blaming all of this on failed liberal policies is a convenient oversimplification. I'm sure some policies had unintended negative consequences however.

The war on drugs has been an issue. White flight and inner city poverty and lack of resources for kids. A history of systemic prejudice. There are many many factors that led us here besides failed liberal policies.