If you thought Windows was buggy before...

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: If you thought Windows was buggy before...

Post by pp4me »

I'd be more worried about who is going to pay the $150 million dollar price tag for "diversity and inclusion" than buggy software. I doubt that it will be passed on to shareholders of which I bet almost every one on this forum is one in some form or another (yourself possibly excluded).

In my experience as a software developer, "diversity hires" tend to be put in non-productive positions and not let anywhere near the assembly line where the rubber meets the road.

But as a shareholder myself it's probably not an irrational thing to do - if you can avoid the "racist" label or even having your company attacked and office buildings burned down by rioters.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon »

pp4me wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:17 pm But as a shareholder myself it's probably not an irrational thing to do - if you can avoid the "racist" label or even having your company attacked and office buildings burned down by rioters.
That's a bad strategy because as we are now seeing, the mob is never satisfied.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

flyingpylon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:31 pm
pp4me wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:17 pm But as a shareholder myself it's probably not an irrational thing to do - if you can avoid the "racist" label or even having your company attacked and office buildings burned down by rioters.
That's a bad strategy because as we are now seeing, the mob is never satisfied.
All depends on what kind of stand you are willing to make for a principle, especially when the opposition is more powerfully armed and more highly motivated than you are, which seems to be the case right now.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

pp4me wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:17 pm I'd be more worried about who is going to pay the $150 million dollar price tag for "diversity and inclusion" than buggy software. I doubt that it will be passed on to shareholders of which I bet almost every one on this forum is one in some form or another (yourself possibly excluded).

In my experience as a software developer, "diversity hires" tend to be put in non-productive positions and not let anywhere near the assembly line where the rubber meets the road.
Yes, that seemed to be what they were doing when I was working there. But I'm sure that will be considered RACIST now.
If. As @flyingpylon has pointed out, that doesn't work very well because it just makes them bolder.

The only solution that will work is a tremendous crackdown on these thugs. They need to be arrested and tried for insurrection.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

Libertarian666 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:41 pm
pp4me wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:17 pm I'd be more worried about who is going to pay the $150 million dollar price tag for "diversity and inclusion" than buggy software. I doubt that it will be passed on to shareholders of which I bet almost every one on this forum is one in some form or another (yourself possibly excluded).

Yes, that seemed to be what they were doing when I was working there. But I'm sure that will be considered RACIST now.
If. As @flyingpylon has pointed out, that doesn't work very well because it just makes them bolder.

The only solution that will work is a tremendous crackdown on these thugs. They need to be arrested and tried for insurrection.
I agree but what do you think the odds are that this will happen.