Moderator: Global Moderator

Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Ray Dalio: Money, Credit, Debt and Economic Activity

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:35 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:43 pm
I saw an advertisement on YouTube recently that included Paul Krugman as the instructor in economics for the Masterclass series. Immediately I went "Ummmmmmm. Nope."

*Skip Ad*
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:12 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:45 am
Smith1776 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:43 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:25 am

That speculation comment qualifies as one of the worst economic predictions in modern history.

Not the worst, of course; that honor must go to this famous Paul Krugman debacle:

"It really does now look like President Donald J. Trump, and markets are plunging. When might we expect them to recover?

Frankly, I find it hard to care much, even though this is my specialty. The disaster for America and the world has so many aspects that the economic ramifications are way down my list of things to fear.

Still, I guess people want an answer: If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never."

http://archive.vn/2vwzP
LOL. I saw an advertisement on YouTube recently that included Paul Krugman as the instructor in economics for the Masterclass series. Immediately I went "Ummmmmmm. Nope."

*Skip Ad*
I guess you could take the class and just conclude that the opposite of everything he says is true. That would probably work!
That sounds similar to the investor who laments, "You'd be highly successful if you did everything opposite to what I do!"

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:17 am

vnatale wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:12 am

That sounds similar to the investor who laments, "You'd be highly successful if you did everything opposite to what I do!"

Vinny
*George Costanza intensifies* O0
🛞 The All-Terrain Portfolio 🛞