Post by Libertarian666 »

You should feel better after reading this:
https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-07-01/E ... -says.html
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: For those who need reassurance that backing Trump is the right thing to do

Post by flyingpylon »

Good points by Tucker Carlson last night too. He’s been on a roll lately.

https://youtu.be/NS-bsetu01w

Skip the first 2 minutes if you don’t need the rehash of of the previous night’s appearance by Mike Braun (R-IN) although it does set the rest of it up.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

flyingpylon wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:58 pm Good points by Tucker Carlson last night too. He’s been on a roll lately.

Skip the first 2 minutes if you don’t need the rehash of of the previous night’s appearance by Mike Braun (R-IN) although it does set the rest of it up.
Yes, he has been quite forceful lately, but in this case I thought Tucker went a little overboard with Braun.

Asking him "Why do you want to make it easier for left-wing activist groups to sue police?" is sort of like asking when you stopped beating your wife. Does Tucker really believe that police never misbehave? Shouldn't people have recourse if they do misbehave? Qualified immunity makes it almost impossible to sue them even if the misbehavior is quite egregious.

And I don't have too much trouble believing that most of the police would be interested in dis-incentivizing bad behavior among the few police who do misbehave.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon »

Libertarian666 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:12 pm
flyingpylon wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:58 pm Good points by Tucker Carlson last night too. He’s been on a roll lately.

Yes, he has been quite forceful lately, but in this case I thought Tucker went a little overboard with Braun.

Asking him "Why do you want to make it easier for left-wing activist groups to sue police?" is sort of like asking when you stopped beating your wife. Does Tucker really believe that police never misbehave? Shouldn't people have recourse if they do misbehave? Qualified immunity makes it almost impossible to sue them even if the misbehavior is quite egregious.

And I don't have too much trouble believing that most of the police would be interested in dis-incentivizing bad behavior among the few police who do misbehave.
I agree that he went overboard with Braun. It seemed like they were talking past each other, Braun wasn't communicating well, and Tucker ripped into him as he sometimes does to people.

But in this segment I thought that he was on point after rehashing the Braun incident. I just wonder if "moderates" who are so against Trump really understand what it is they will be voting for.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Doesn't it go against just about every type of group - lawyers, accountants, medical, definitely police - who all seem to circle the wagons to protect their own, no matter how egregious the behavior?

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

vnatale wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:16 pm

Doesn't it go against just about every type of group - lawyers, accountants, medical, definitely police - who all seem to circle the wagons to protect their own, no matter how egregious the behavior?

Vinny
Yes, that is a general rule.
But if your group is under severe attack based on the actions of a few in the group, sometimes that can overcome the general rule.