Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Harris/Biden Administration

Post by Libertarian666 »

shekels wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:17 am https://youtu.be/GVbE8IowIcM

C'Mon Man...
He did the same thing: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... _does.html

I guess they're not even trying to pretend he is running for President anymore?
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Harris/Biden Administration

Post by shekels »

Libertarian666 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:34 am
shekels wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:17 am https://youtu.be/GVbE8IowIcM

C'Mon Man...
He did the same thing: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... _does.html

I guess they're not even trying to pretend he is running for President anymore?
We have to be vewy quiet,
The Biden Supporters have not caught on to the bait and switch.
Attachments
preview.jpg
preview.jpg (82.92 KiB) Viewed 26863 times
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Biden/Harris Discussion

Post by vnatale »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (54.18 KiB) Viewed 26801 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

^^^ Thats believable.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

vnatale wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:40 pmCapture.JPG
How does one measure enthusiasm?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

glennds wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:05 am
vnatale wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:40 pmCapture.JPG
How does one measure enthusiasm?
Being registered to vote AND being likely to vote.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (71.3 KiB) Viewed 26789 times
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

The elder abuse of Biden continues.

"Four more years of George, uh... George, uh..."
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

Hahaha. Biden ain't the only one....so who has dementia/senior moments?

Two old men.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1071111891873865728
--------
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1012058352493490176
--------
“I was down there and I watched our police and our firemen down there on 7/11,” Trump told his at the rally in Buffalo, New York.
---------
Trump referred to a place called “Thighland”, when complaining about US corporations moving jobs abroad.
--------
“I left Texas, and I left Florida, and I left Louisiana, and I went to Puerto Rico,” Trump said at a press conference in October 2017, addressing the devastation caused by hurricane Mariah a few weeks previous.

“And I met with the president of the Virgin Islands,” Trump added, seemingly unaware that the Virgin Islands is a US territory, making him their president.
--------
At a White House press briefing, Mr Trump inaccurately claimed that the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic helped end WWII – a conflict that didn’t even start until two decades later.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

A new video clip has surfaced showing yet more elder abuse of Biden. In a visit to Chester, PA yesterday, Biden struggled to answer a question in front of a group of reporters, losing his train of thought and verbally wandering off, at which point his campaign staff appeared to intervene and quickly herd the reporters away from Biden:
During an interaction with the press, Biden seemed to struggle to get the words out of his mouth and put sentences together while responding to a reporter's question.

"Here's the deal, one of the things that's important...is that uh...keep in mind although they're going to vote on...uh...the ballot..I think today..," he is heard saying in the video before Biden campaign staff members herd reporters away from the former Vice President.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/joe-bidens-campa ... ideo-52847
I used to chuckle at such video clips, but this one just made me sad. What they're doing to Biden is wrong and shameful. They need to let the poor guy resign.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Tortoise wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:01 pm A new video clip has surfaced showing yet more elder abuse of Biden. In a visit to Chester, PA yesterday, Biden struggled to answer a question in front of a group of reporters, losing his train of thought and verbally wandering off, at which point his campaign staff appeared to intervene and quickly herd the reporters away from Biden:
During an interaction with the press, Biden seemed to struggle to get the words out of his mouth and put sentences together while responding to a reporter's question.

"Here's the deal, one of the things that's important...is that uh...keep in mind although they're going to vote on...uh...the ballot..I think today..," he is heard saying in the video before Biden campaign staff members herd reporters away from the former Vice President.

I used to chuckle at such video clips, but this one just made me sad. What they're doing to Biden is wrong and shameful. They need to let the poor guy resign.
But how was he able to successfully get through the one and one-half hour debate last week with none of this? I listened to it two or three times and did not detect any of them. Or, any different from the Joe Biden I've been listening to for decades. Constantly repeating sentences and using his pet phrases and pet stories.

Vinny
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

vnatale wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:07 pm But how was he able to successfully get through the one and one-half hour debate last week with none of this? I listened to it two or three times and did not detect any of them. Or, any different from the Joe Biden I've been listening to for decades. Constantly repeating sentences and using his pet phrases and pet stories.
My understanding is that with senile dementia, there is often significant daily variation in mental clarity and mood. Some days are great, and the person seems pretty normal, and other days are terrible.

When my grandmother had senile dementia in her early 80s, some days she seemed fine and very "with it", and other days she forgot all of our names and seemed agitated.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Tortoise wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:11 pm
vnatale wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:07 pm But how was he able to successfully get through the one and one-half hour debate last week with none of this? I listened to it two or three times and did not detect any of them. Or, any different from the Joe Biden I've been listening to for decades. Constantly repeating sentences and using his pet phrases and pet stories.
My understanding is that with senile dementia, there is often significant daily variation in mental clarity and mood. Some days are great, and the person seems pretty normal, and other days are terrible.

When my grandmother had senile dementia in her early 80s, some days she seemed fine and very "with it", and other days she forgot all of our names and seemed agitated.
That could be an explanation.

Vinny
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

But, still, even if, I cannot vote for Trump.

I'd rather take my chances with a quick Biden exit and a 50 something Harris taking over than Trump.

I watched the 60 minutes Trump interview. They had him pretty close up when he was talking. I can understand why even grown men don't question him directly. He has this look and feel that makes me uncomfortable, even over the TV.

I saw Stahl just get exasperated at not getting legitimate answers. I couldn't do that.

And he continues with the woe is me line, right from the start:
--------------------------------------------

Lesley Stahl: Are you ready for some tough questions?
President Donald Trump: You're gonna be fair.
Lesley Stahl: Are you g--
President Donald Trump: Just be-
Lesley Stahl: I'm gonna be fair.
President Donald Trump: Just be fair.
Lesley Stahl: But you're okay with some tough questions?
President Donald Trump: No, I'm not. I mean--
Lesley Stahl: (LAUGH) You're not okay with tough questions?
President Donald Trump: I want them to be fair. You-- you don't ask Biden tough questions.
President Donald Trump: Okay. Are you ready--
--------------------------------

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/president- ... ley-stahl/

Read the transcript or watch it if you didn't. It was like the first debate.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

MangoMan wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:16 pm
Cortopassi wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:35 pm
President Donald Trump: I want them to be fair. You-- you don't ask Biden tough questions.
In his defense, he's correct. All of the questions to Trump already assume he's wrong/corrupt/Hitler. Meanwhile, the questions to Biden are softballs.
Agreed. I watched a good chunk of the unedited 60 Minutes interview that Trump shared online. It was quite obnoxious how the interviewer constantly interrupted him with contradictions and accusations. Trump could barely get one or two sentences out without getting combatively interrupted. Tough questions are fine, but there's a far more tactful way to ask them (e.g., see how Joe Rogan usually does it).

The fact that Trump has endured that kind of consistent abuse from the media for over four years and still hasn't thrown in the towel is a testament to his perseverance. Love or hate his personality, the guy manages to succeed even when his chips are down and the game is rigged against him.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi »

Tortoise wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:22 pm game is rigged against him.
He's built a lot of that rigging with his attitude and attacks, which is the main reason I did not vote for him this time.

I am not the only person in the US affected by how he operates and have changed their mind from 2016.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Cortopassi wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:12 pm
He's built a lot of that rigging with his attitude and attacks, which is the main reason I did not vote for him this time.

I am not the only person in the US affected by how he operates and have changed their mind from 2016.
The reason you give is one of the main reasons I hear from C-Span callers who say why they are NOT voting for Trump this time around.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Tortoise wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:22 pm
MangoMan wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:16 pm
Cortopassi wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:35 pm
In his defense, he's correct. All of the questions to Trump already assume he's wrong/corrupt/Hitler. Meanwhile, the questions to Biden are softballs.
Agreed. I watched a good chunk of the unedited 60 Minutes interview that Trump shared online. It was quite obnoxious how the interviewer constantly interrupted him with contradictions and accusations. Trump could barely get one or two sentences out without getting combatively interrupted. Tough questions are fine, but there's a far more tactful way to ask them (e.g., see how Joe Rogan usually does it).

The fact that Trump has endured that kind of consistent abuse from the media for over four years and still hasn't thrown in the towel is a testament to his perseverance. Love or hate his personality, the guy manages to succeed even when his chips are down and the game is rigged against him.
Where can I find that so I can listen to it?

I prefer things like that to be in C-Span style -- uncut and unfiltered.

Vinny
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

vnatale wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:22 pm Where can I find that so I can listen to it?

I prefer things like that to be in C-Span style -- uncut and unfiltered.
https://rumble.com/vat12x-trump-savages ... uth-o.html
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

vnatale wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:07 pm
Tortoise wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:01 pm A new video clip has surfaced showing yet more elder abuse of Biden. In a visit to Chester, PA yesterday, Biden struggled to answer a question in front of a group of reporters, losing his train of thought and verbally wandering off, at which point his campaign staff appeared to intervene and quickly herd the reporters away from Biden:

But how was he able to successfully get through the one and one-half hour debate last week with none of this? I listened to it two or three times and did not detect any of them. Or, any different from the Joe Biden I've been listening to for decades. Constantly repeating sentences and using his pet phrases and pet stories.

Vinny
My understanding is that there are drugs that can hide the symptoms for awhile.
They have serious side effects and won't work for more than a couple of hours, and can't be used too frequently in close succession.
That's why he had to hide out most of the time even before the laptop scandal broke.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

There are a lot more people in the US who have changed their mind since 2016 after seeing him accomplish seemingly impossible tasks like getting peace deals signed in the Middle East.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Libertarian666 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:03 am

There are a lot more people in the US who have changed their mind since 2016 after seeing him accomplish seemingly impossible tasks like getting peace deals signed in the Middle East.
Then this is an excellent place to put this. For you and others....where do you agree / disagree with USA Today regarding their assessments of which of Trump's promises he has accomplished and which he has not?

Vinny

Donald Trump made many promises in 2016 and early in his term. Which has he kept and what is he still working on?

Trump has kept a number of pledges, including tax cuts and conservative judges. But not on others such as bringing back coal and replacing Obamacare.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/ ... 927100002/
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Libertarian666 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:37 am
vnatale wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:30 am

Then this is an excellent place to put this. For you and others....where do you agree / disagree with USA Today regarding their assessments of which of Trump's promises he has accomplished and which he has not?

Vinny

Donald Trump made many promises in 2016 and early in his term. Which has he kept and what is he still working on?

Trump has kept a number of pledges, including tax cuts and conservative judges. But not on others such as bringing back coal and replacing Obamacare.

I would say that he has delivered in large measure on the promises that he has the power to do himself as President, and has fought untiringly to get the other players to cooperate on the ones that he didn't have sole power to do. Since he's not a dictator, most of what he promised requires action by Congress and inaction by judges who unfortunately consider themselves above the law.
But that is counter to one of Trump's responses in last week's debate. He asked Biden why he and Obama did not accomplish more. Biden responded that they had to get it through Republican controlled House and Senate. Trump lectured him that you needed the skills to be able to gain their cooperation so as to make the accomplishments.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Libertarian666 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:11 pm
vnatale wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:01 am
Libertarian666 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:37 am
vnatale wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:30 am

Vinny

I would say that he has delivered in large measure on the promises that he has the power to do himself as President, and has fought untiringly to get the other players to cooperate on the ones that he didn't have sole power to do. Since he's not a dictator, most of what he promised requires action by Congress and inaction by judges who unfortunately consider themselves above the law.
But that is counter to one of Trump's responses in last week's debate. He asked Biden why he and Obama did not accomplish more. Biden responded that they had to get it through Republican controlled House and Senate. Trump lectured him that you needed the skills to be able to gain their cooperation so as to make the accomplishments.

Vinny
It depends a lot on how hardened the opposition is.

Recently the Democrats have been opposed to anything that might help Trump's re-election campaign, so they won't cooperate even when it is in their constituents' interests.

Trump has gotten a fair amount done even with the opposition party spending their time on impeaching him and on a futile witch hunt to try to prove him guilty of something.

I don't think any other President in my lifetime has had such obstructionism from the opposite party.
Generally you are on top of historical items. But how could you ever forget McConnell saying this on the eve of the November election (from an interview in the National Journal):

N.J.: What’s the job?
McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

In Obama's 8 years in office when did McConnell ever cooperate and NOT obstruct?

Vinny
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Ahh AMAC...yes, techno presents as factual evidence another fine article from the echo chamber written by a conservative lobby group.