Interesting Yahoo/Google Observation

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Interesting Yahoo/Google Observation

Post by stuper1 »

My email address is at Yahoo, so on my way through to see my emails, I see their so-called news articles and sometimes click on things that look interesting. I know it's a very lowbrow lefty news source but what the heck. Of course the most interesting thing is reading the comments at the bottom. After Covid and then the riots hit, it seemed to me that many commenters started expressing much more conservative sentiments, which I took as a reaction to Covid and the riots.

Then about a month ago, Yahoo temporarily suspended comments on articles and put a standard disclaimer about having a goal of safe and engaging place for users. Just today it occurred to me that it would be awfully interesting if that temporary suspension ended just after the November election.
They probably got scared that the commenters were not following the script that they were laying out and were influencing undecided voters in the "wrong" way. I decided to google "Yahoo comments election". Hardly anything interesting or incriminating came up from a Google search. But when I searched with an alternate search engine (yippy.com), I immediately found some interesting discussions along the same lines as my thinking.

If you don't think that big media, including Yahoo and Google, are all in bed together and doing everything they can to influence the election in a certain direction (of course away from Trump), then I don't know what to tell you.