Smith1776 ALERT!!! Next book for Smith1776??!!

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Smith1776 ALERT!!! Next book for Smith1776??!!

Post by vnatale »

Will this be Smith1776's next book buy??!

Meet the Billionaire Investing Guru Whose 27-Year-Old Book Is Now Selling for $3,000

https://money.com/seth-klarman-margin-o ... investing/

Low supply of only 5,000 books turned into high price because of high demand.

Why, though, has not the book been re-issued since?

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Smith1776 ALERT!!! Next book for Smith1776??!!

Post by Smith1776 »

I have tried so so SOOOO bloody hard to get a physical copy of Margin of Safety for so long that I have pretty much given up on doing so at any reasonable price. That book has reached friggin' mythical status at this point. Another expensive investing book I've been wanting to score a bargain on is Poor Charlie's Almanack. That book hasn't reached the 4 figure level in price, but it's still very expensive at over a hundred bucks here in Canada.

Alas, at the price it's selling at I'm more likely to acquire Margin of Safety through an Ocean's 11 style heist than I am to buy it. ;D
DITM
www.allterraininvesting.com
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 »

P.S. The irony of a book on value investing selling at such an inflated price should not be lost on anyone. Perhaps that's the real world lesson of the book??? Inside it probably just says "You've just learned the most important lesson of what NOT to do in value investing." O0
DITM
www.allterraininvesting.com
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter »

Smith1776 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:16 pm P.S. The irony of a book on value investing selling at such an inflated price should not be lost on anyone. Perhaps that's the real world lesson of the book??? Inside it probably just says "You've just learned the most important lesson of what NOT to do in value investing." O0

That would be so awesome! :)