I had no idea peaceful protests could be so expensive!

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

I had no idea peaceful protests could be so expensive!

Post by Libertarian666 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:29 am

"The domestic terrorists in Antifa and Black Lives Matter have accomplished one thing: the most costly riots in the history of our country, reports the far-left Axios.

Property Claim Services, a company that tracks insurance claims filed due to riots and the like, found that the left-wing riots that occurred between May 26 and June 8 of this year could reach $2 billion in insurance claims.

Obviously, because the left’s domestic terrorism extended well beyond June 8 and is still ongoing, the company acknowledges “this is still happening, so the losses could be significantly more.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... n-history/
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: I had no idea peaceful protests could be so expensive!

Post by GT » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:05 pm

wow - wonder what the cost would have been if the protests weren't:
- mostly peaceful - CNN
- like a summer festival - Mayor of Seattle
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:00 am

via Tim Pool, 1 hr ago:
Monday, September 21, 2020
Department Of Justice Identifies New York City, Portland And Seattle As Jurisdictions Permitting Violence And Destruction Of Property

Identification is Response to Presidential Memorandum Reviewing Federal Funding to State and Local Governments that are Permitting Anarchy, Violence, and Destruction in American Cities
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/departme ... permitting
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:23 am

This is another very sad story of a "mostly peaceful protest". Apparently this man named Jake Gardner chose suicide over being the next George Zimmerman.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/nat ... 848139002/
Gardner shot and killed Scurlock outside his bar in downtown Omaha as protests erupted across the country following the Memorial Day death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police.

The shooting was reviewed by a grand jury after Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine initially declined to file charges, believing that Gardner had acted in self-defense after reviewing video and witness statements. Kleine later requested the review after his decision was criticized to ensure people kept faith in the justice system.

Surveillance video seemed to show words exchanged between Gardner, his father and protesters before Gardner, flashing a gun, backed away. Gardner was shoved to the ground by two people before he fired two shots, sending people scrambling. Scurlock then jumped on Gardner's back and was shot by Gardner.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:41 pm

It looks like the protests are about to become even more expensive for NYC, Seattle and Portland.

I'm heartbroken at what Portland has become. Such a beautiful city and a jewel of a downtown. When I walked around a few months ago, it looked like Bosnia. I can't imagine it is any better now. The poor bastards did it to themselves, but ... damn. How did we manage to grow cities with a critical mass of well meaning, naive nincompoops?
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:51 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:41 pm
It looks like the protests are about to become even more expensive for NYC, Seattle and Portland.

I'm heartbroken at what Portland has become. Such a beautiful city and a jewel of a downtown. When I walked around a few months ago, it looked like Bosnia. I can't imagine it is any better now. The poor bastards did it to themselves, but ... damn. How did we manage to grow cities with a critical mass of well meaning, naive nincompoops?
It's really a chicken or egg question, I think.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:50 am

Mark Leavy wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:41 pm

It took decades of work by "progressives". They had to take over popular culture, education, and the judiciary.
Now we are seeing the fruits of their labors.
Does any normal human being still support them?