Gun related stocks

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Gun related stocks

Post by vnatale » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:27 pm

There has been discussion here about buying guy stocks. Though the sentiment of this article is opposite, you can see that if you want to own gun stocks you need to own them directly as they have negligible representation in mutual funds.

Vinny

Clients Want Out of Gun-Related Stocks? Here’s Some Advice

https://www.thinkadvisor.com/2019/08/09 ... me-advice/

For example, mutual funds that hold the largest number of shares in these companies have very little exposure. In the iShares Core S&P Small-Cap ETF (IJR), RGR is only 0.3%, which translates into the fund holding 6% of the company’s outstanding stock, Hale explains.

“To get to that [0.3% position] the fund is so large it has to buy that much of a small-cap stock,” Hale said.

To illustrate any material performance impact, Hale said that the Vanguard Small-Cap Index fund, over a three-year annualized return through July 2019, gained 11.01%. The losses over the period for both AOBC and RGR reduced the funds performance by 0.01% on an annualized basis.

Funds that do hold these stocks, albeit in small amounts, include American Funds iS Growth 1, American Funds Smallcap World, DFA US Small Cap Value, iShares Core S&P Small-Cap ETF, iShares Russell 2000 ETF, Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund, and Vanguard Small-Cap Index Fund.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Gun related stocks

Post by boglerdude » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:38 am

Vid about the homeless, funded by gun maker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSNBxnnawq4