Health care and employee benefit questions to 2020 candidates

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Health care and employee benefit questions to 2020 candidates

Post by vnatale »

An excellent set of questions, raising many important issues.

Vinny

A few words for the 2020 presidential candidates...

https://www.benefitspro.com/2019/05/17/ ... 0822211922

The cost of freedom
To the Democrats:

Socially, one-size-fits-all programs from other countries (like Canada, where I’m from) won’t fly with the American independent-thinker.
Independent-thinkers vote, and they don’t want to be told what to do.
Decide who you think is falling through the cracks of the current model, and expand funding just for those folks.

To the Republicans:

Talk about Medicare for All as a one-size-fits-all approach to health care. The American independent-thinker doesn’t want that.
Be honest that there’s not a country in the world that has a single-payer system that gives its people health care with anything close to the control we have here in America.
Design a health care approach that provides Americans a safety net for those in need, but all others will have the freedom to choose their benefits. Be direct about the fact that more choices and options will cost more, but that they will be free to choose.

Reid Rasmussen, co-founder & CEO, freshbenies

Accountability in question
Who is accountable for deciding what care and procedures are approved? When the financials are finite, sacrifices will need to be made. Are you willing to be the one who makes that sacrifice?

Joseph Hopkins, director of business development, Premise Health

Price check
Can we get a price before services are rendered?!

David Contorno, founder, E Powered Benefits
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."