Trump Goes Unmentioned in Most TV Ads for House, Senate Campaigns

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

What does it say when Republican candidates don't use Trump in their ads? How can they NOT want to ride the coattails of a landslide Trump victory election?

Vinny

Democrats are sticking with an ad strategy of campaigning on policy promises, while Republicans avoid Trump while wooing swing voters

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-goes ... ?mod=e2twp
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Trump Goes Unmentioned in Most TV Ads for House, Senate Campaigns

Post by Mountaineer »

vnatale wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:44 pm What does it say when Republican candidates don't use Trump in their ads? How can they NOT want to ride the coattails of a landslide Trump victory election?

Vinny

Well, it might say those candidates are self-confident and running on their own platforms vs. riding the coattails of another. Think of ALL the possibilities instead of basing your conclusions on your biases or you are going to sound like the main stream media. ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.