Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Amazon Plus

Post by vnatale » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:29 am

Kbg wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:50 pm

I was reading a Kindle book by Wade Pfau "How Much Can I Spend in Retirement?" (free for Amazon+ members) who writes quite a bit on retirement planning...anyway toward the end of the book he was going through various assessments related to this topic with a specific focus on bond ladder strategies. Exhibit 7.18 is a graph that looks like the top right quarter of a circle (sort of) with portfolio amount on the y axis and time on the x. The thing I thought really cool (and I wish someone had a website where you could put this in as a financial check) was that you could use the graph annually to determine if you were okay or not. A plot on the outside the circle meant you are on path/better than required to having sufficient money for your life expectancy or better and inside you were not and needed to cut spending or plan on falling short earlier than your target.

Side note...I now know WAY more about bond laddering than I thought could even be thought about regarding the topic! Chapter 8 is pretty good too.

What is "Amazon+"? I did not see any way the book is free.

Thanks

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Amazon Plus

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:37 am

vnatale wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:29 am

Thanks
Search engines are your friend. ;D

https://www.amalyze.com/en/glossar/amaz ... s-program/
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Amazon Plus

Post by vnatale » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:43 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:37 am

vnatale wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:29 am

Thanks

Search engines are your friend. ;D

https://www.amalyze.com/en/glossar/amaz ... s-program/

1) I did do a search on both "Amazon+" and "Amazon Plus" and did not see anything in the few items that showed.
2) I would have expected to have seen some reference to it at the actual place where the book was being sold.
3) The web site you provided is non-U.S? Does it also apply to United State Amazon?
4) I don't readily see anything at Amazon regarding this program.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Amazon Plus

Post by dualstow » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:35 pm

It seems to be a dead end, Vinny. i searched, too.
I deleted my earlier reply when i saw Mountaineer’s post, where I stated kbg was probably talking about Kindle Unlimited.
He may as well have been. I don’t think we’re going to be using Amazon+ anytime soon.
RIP Marcello Gandini
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tyler » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:01 pm

Yeah, I assume he meant Kindle Unlimited. The book he was referencing is indeed free for KU subscribers.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:31 pm

If it's kindle unlimited, which it probably is, they usually give you a 30 day free trial but I think you might have to be a Prime member.

I've taken advantage of the offer twice but found the selection of books available to be disappointing and not worth the monthly fee.