Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Post by dualstow » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:51 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:27 pm

I don't make the rules, and I am not of the personality that wants to walk in a store, rip my mask off and say "fuck you, I'm not following your damn mandates!"

It just isn't worth the stress, the being mad, the being angry, etc. etc.

So, up to you to snarl every time you put on the mask. This is where we are currently. If you think you can change this, go for it.

And to the others -- is this a slippery slope? From mask, to burkas? This is the part that bothers me the most -- that there's some incentive to keep people under their thumb, to keep them masked up, like Pritzker is high-fiving his wife every night going yeah, I am still fucking them. Jeez. If that's the case, where has it gotten them? Really, where? Any reasonable, slightly conservative person running against him should be able to beat him.

So go for it, fight the man. Sit in your chair and stew about how if it only wasn't for the government and their stupid mandates your life would be SO much better.

In the meantime, I have a maskless marching band practice to go to....
+1
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:52 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:55 am
Hell, we still can't even effectively predict weather more than a few days out.
That was the case until some point in the 90s. Now, we often can.
Source: The Fifth Risk/ Michael Lewis
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:44 pm

Thursday progress report-

Update on the effectiveness of the Wuhan jab.... At increasing death, in the near term.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/brief ... 0-nations/
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:34 pm

murphy_p_t wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:44 pm
Thursday progress report-

Update on the effectiveness of the Wuhan jab.... At increasing death, in the near term.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/brief ... 0-nations/
It could be that vaccinations make people less cautious and thus the increase in deaths in which case it wouldn't actually be the vaccine that is causing the increase but the vaccination program.

Or, the data is being misrepresented, wrongly recorded, or misinterpreted and the charts are wrong. We hear that on both sides of the debate. I've gotten to the point where I think it is pointless to pay any attention these kinds of articles.

Maybe there will be some clarity in years to come.
Last edited by pp4me on Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:46 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:00 am
Yep. I used to consider the CDC a reliable and trustworthy source. That is no longer the case.
It still is. There's one and one reason only why this controversy has gone on as long as it has...politics.

No human organization is perfect and I think the whole "don't wear a mask" thing early where they were trying to prevent a run on high grade masks got them off to a really bad start. Then our man Don got involved.

Quarantines aren't exactly new. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7150140/

And nor are masks as barriers https://www.clinicaloncology.com/COVID- ... D-19/62804

The only thing new about either is the politicization of them.

Speaking of media...https://freakonomics.com/podcast/americ ... ive-media/

The above is pretty good...a couple of quotes:

Quotes
It’s not only a for-profit enterprise, but it’s highly profitable and it’s a big market they can segment.

The media is very good at producing negative stories that are eye-catching. They’re also good at producing stories which cater to people’s existing tastes and fears.

So, you write that about 87 percent of Covid coverage in national U.S. media last year was negative. The share for international media was only 51 percent. So that’s a massive, massive difference. Only 53 percent in U.S. regional media. So, again, huge difference. And then 64 percent in scientific journals. So that’s really interesting to me because, I guess it has to do with the difference in mission between journalism and scientific journals. What do you make of that headline number: 87 percent negativity in national U.S. media versus 64 percent negativity in scientific journals overall?
Unquote

After I got COVID myself, I really started paying attention to how people just dealt with COVID and it became very apparent that their politics pretty much drove their stance on COVID, which if you step back and think about it is pretty stupid.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:40 pm

Desert wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:13 pm
Excellent post, KBG.

I have a couple relatives (used to have, actually, since one died from Covid) that I use as a sort of barometer on which way the political winds are blowing. They both were very, very concerned about Covid at the beginning. It matched well with their sort of "prepper" mindset--being prepared for these sort of disasters. But then politics took over and they both switched to the other side of the issue, minimizing, being anti-vax, etc. It was a shocking reversal, even to a cynical old guy like me.

I think our society is not well prepared for the collection of media we've been exposed to in recent years. It doesn't take much to set up a site and spread misinformation, and there's good money to be made doing so. Examining and diversifying our media intake is probably one of the best things this society could do.

I do have more hope for the younger generations. They seem a bit more prepared to deal with propaganda sites, since they're nothing new in their experience. I saw a study a few years ago that showed that the older Facebook generations are very susceptible to propaganda that's passed around. We all have (or have become?) the old aunt or uncle that forwards propaganda emails. It takes some attention and discipline to weed out the nonsense.
Seems the older someone is, the more set in their ways they get. My Dad watches Fox News non-stop. He 100% believes Biden is the end of America. I have asked him, why don't you turn on CNN every now and then to at least get the opposite view. Won't happen.

They are both off the rails right and left, so I don't even know if watching both would cancel each other out and put you in the middle, or maybe even better make you throw up your hands and say they all suck.

Both my girls (17 and 22) are way more cynical about ads, social media, and the internet than even me, and don't believe anything without checking it out. So I agree they are more attuned to filtering the crap.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:10 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:40 pm
Desert wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:13 pm
I have a couple relatives (used to have, actually, since one died from Covid) that I use as a sort of barometer on which way the political winds are blowing. They both were very, very concerned about Covid at the beginning. It matched well with their sort of "prepper" mindset--being prepared for these sort of disasters. But then politics took over and they both switched to the other side of the issue, minimizing, being anti-vax, etc. It was a shocking reversal, even to a cynical old guy like me.

I think our society is not well prepared for the collection of media we've been exposed to in recent years.

I do have more hope for the younger generations. They seem a bit more prepared to deal with propaganda sites, since they're nothing new in their experience.
Seems the older someone is, the more set in their ways they get. My Dad watches Fox News non-stop. He 100% believes Biden is the end of America. I have asked him, why don't you turn on CNN every now and then to at least get the opposite view. Won't happen.

They are both off the rails right and left, so I don't even know if watching both would cancel each other out and put you in the middle, or maybe even better make you throw up your hands and say they all suck.
Very interesting post, Desert.
My folks are like Corto's Dad. Except, while my father doesn't see anything wrong with it, my mother freely admits that it's poisoning her. It makes her upset and she says that she should watch less often, but can't pull herself away. Doesn't even need any of the little nudges or rewards that you see on Facebook and Twitter. She's addicted to getting angry. Totally sweet when she's not watching politics, btw.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:48 pm

Desert wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:36 pm
One thing I really enjoy is not watching any news at all, left or right. Occasionally there is some event I want to see play out on live TV, but generally I like reading my news these days. Some news bias studies claim that printed versions of CNN and Fox are a bit less biased than the TV versions as well, though neither of those networks are on my favorites list.
Yep. I used to be a Zero Hedge, Market Ticker, Drudge junkie. I have not gone to any of those sites in >9 months.

Also Nightly News. Not for months except sometimes in the background.

No more internet New York Times (my daughter gets a free subscription while in school)

Also have given up my Sunday morning political shows.

Various other RSS feeds I used to monitor, gone as well.

Frees up a lot of time!
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:29 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:48 pm

Yep. I used to be a Zero Hedge, Market Ticker, Drudge junkie. I have not gone to any of those sites in >9 months.

No more internet New York Times (my daughter gets a free subscription while in school)

Frees up a lot of time!

My only TV news....is going to iTunes...and listening to the five Sunday news shows. Usually try to listen to them twice since I'm always doing something else on this computer while listening and don't catch all the first time around.

Of course my main TV "news" is C-Span's daily Washington Journal (7 AM to 10 AM)...where there is there is ZERO slant.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:44 pm

Vinay Prasad MD MPH is a pretty reasonable dude. He’s pro-vax, but not at the complete expense of critical thinking. He seems to be more and more understanding of vaccine hesitancy given the attempted shutdown of scientific debate.

Here’s a new video discussing the latest concerns about myocarditis and vaccines for children, for anyone interested in that.

https://youtu.be/g7W0OnLl4a0
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:38 pm

flyingpylon wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:44 pm
Vinay Prasad MD MPH is a pretty reasonable dude. He’s pro-vax, but not at the complete expense of critical thinking. He seems to be more and more understanding of vaccine hesitancy given the attempted shutdown of scientific debate.

Here’s a new video discussing the latest concerns about myocarditis and vaccines for children, for anyone interested in that.

I'm a big fan of Vinay Prasad. Thanks for sharing.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:39 pm

vnatale wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:41 pm

Are any of your local hospitals imposing similar mandates as my local hospital has?

Vinny

Baystate vaccine mandate in effect with 99% employees in compliance

https://www.recorder.com/Baystate-Healt ... t-42829389

Just read an email sent to me on Tuesday by the medical group which is use. In part:

"Although we continue to offer COVID care and advice at VMG, our principle work remains providing you with comprehensive primary and specialty care. It is important that we see you if have problems you have been putting off or are due for preventative or well care. We have appointments available in person and by telehealth. We continue to take precautions around spacing, cleaning, and masking to make your time in our offices as safe as possible. And while the vast majority of our employees have been vaccinated for months, we are proud to announce that Valley Medical Group has established a COVID vaccine requirement for all our employees effective October 1st. Please do your part to keep our patients and staff safe and get a vaccine if you have not already done so."

It was written and signed by my doctor, who is also the president of the five geographic location medical group.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:39 am

Kbg wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:46 pm
MangoMan wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:00 am
Yep. I used to consider the CDC a reliable and trustworthy source. That is no longer the case.
It still is. There's one and one reason only why this controversy has gone on as long as it has...politics.

No human organization is perfect and I think the whole "don't wear a mask" thing early where they were trying to prevent a run on high grade masks got them off to a really bad start. Then our man Don got involved.

Quarantines aren't exactly new. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7150140/

And nor are masks as barriers https://www.clinicaloncology.com/COVID- ... D-19/62804

The only thing new about either is the politicization of them.

Speaking of media...https://freakonomics.com/podcast/americ ... ive-media/

The above is pretty good...a couple of quotes:

Quotes
It’s not only a for-profit enterprise, but it’s highly profitable and it’s a big market they can segment.

The media is very good at producing negative stories that are eye-catching. They’re also good at producing stories which cater to people’s existing tastes and fears.

So, you write that about 87 percent of Covid coverage in national U.S. media last year was negative. The share for international media was only 51 percent. So that’s a massive, massive difference. Only 53 percent in U.S. regional media. So, again, huge difference. And then 64 percent in scientific journals. So that’s really interesting to me because, I guess it has to do with the difference in mission between journalism and scientific journals. What do you make of that headline number: 87 percent negativity in national U.S. media versus 64 percent negativity in scientific journals overall?
Unquote

After I got COVID myself, I really started paying attention to how people just dealt with COVID and it became very apparent that their politics pretty much drove their stance on COVID, which if you step back and think about it is pretty stupid.
I respectfully disagree (respectfully so as to avoid "toxicity"!!!) in the oft repeated phrase that something has been made "political." That seems to be a phase that doesn't have a lot of meaning but I assume it suggests that a lot of citizens do not know what to do think about a certain issue until they go pull our their Red or Blue talking points and see what they are supposed to think. I do not believe that has happened with Covid as much as we are told. I saw lots of Libertarians that in March of 2020 were advocating for things that were diametrically opposed to their core beliefs and only changed later on after they had absorbed more data.

I think that Covid has had a lot of conflicting data and a lot of mandates done that frankly were just pulled out of thin air. I will reference the 6 feet thing or the wiping down all surfaces thing. A lot of people were hearing and seeing a lot of directives and mandates that just didn't add up and were not consistent. And when people have differing data presented to them and don't know which ones to believe, they are naturally going to fall back on their own personal beliefs....how much do you trust authority figures, what is your view on personal freedom vs collective health. And that is naturally going to align with their political beliefs.

I just love with the media comes out with some sort of poll showing that Republicans are against mask mandates or vaccine mandates and then try to tie that to some sort of Trump thing. Republicans have always been the party of less governmental activism (if in theory but maybe not so much in practice) so of course they are going to be more against mandates then the party that generally prefers collectivism and activism. Duh. That doesn't make Covid political. That makes it like any other issue out there...colored by people's world view.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:18 am

Good post.
Last edited by murphy_p_t on Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:53 am

A parallel to consider of how corrupt government agencies are.

Do a little investigation regarding the revolving door between fed, treasury, Wall Street (ex. Goldman Sachs)
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:09 pm

murphy_p_t wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:53 am

Do a little investigation regarding the revolving door between fed, treasury, Wall Street (ex. Goldman Sachs)
Speaking of revolving doors...

REVEALED: Pfizer Lobbying Hits Decade High as DOZENS of High-Profile Political Appointees Become Big Pharma Reps.
Republicans and Democrats alike are now working for the Big Pharma lobby.

Not to mention that former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb is now on the board of Pfizer. Probably just a coincidence though.

Perhaps it's not illegal but it doesn't do much to inspire confidence.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:46 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:48 pm
Desert wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:36 pm
One thing I really enjoy is not watching any news at all, left or right. Occasionally there is some event I want to see play out on live TV, but generally I like reading my news these days. Some news bias studies claim that printed versions of CNN and Fox are a bit less biased than the TV versions as well, though neither of those networks are on my favorites list.

Frees up a lot of time!

I’m about the same. It pisses me off. Another big thing I used to enjoy has been destroyed by the American culture.
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:26 pm

Xan wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:38 pm
flyingpylon wrote:

Another reasonable voice I have followed for awhile
Dr. Suneel Dhand
https://youtu.be/JJQ4NBEnrN0
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:43 pm

whatchamacallit wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:26 pm
Xan wrote:
flyingpylon wrote:

Dr. Suneel Dhand
Dr. Dhand's videos are not as polished but I do watch many of them.

Another is Dr. Mobeen Syed: https://www.youtube.com/c/USMLEOnline

His videos can be pretty long and detailed but they're usually quite good.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:13 pm

murphy_p_t wrote:

I saw a disturbing article about this recently.
How Tax Giants Write Their Own Rules
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/20/busi ... -jobs.html
Got around the paywall using Reader View.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:23 pm

dualstow wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:13 pm

murphy_p_t wrote:

Old, old, old, old....old news!

Read all about it in this book that will soon be 17 years old...

Perfectly Legal: The Covert Campaign to Rig Our Tax System to Benefit the Super Rich--and Cheat Everybody Else

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OCXHJA/?c ... _lig_dp_it

Read that one near the time it came out.

Have not yet read his latest....

The Big Cheat: How Donald Trump Fleeced America and Enriched Himself and His Family

https://www.amazon.com/The-Big-Cheat-Ho ... l_huc_item
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by barrett » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:53 am

whatchamacallit wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:26 pm
Xan wrote:
flyingpylon wrote:

Dr. Suneel Dhand
Thanks for posting these two excellent videos, flyingpylon & whatchmacallit. Much appreciated!
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:36 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:23 pm
dualstow wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:13 pm
murphy_p_t wrote:

Old, old, old, old....old news!
It’s a good article, nonetheless.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:53 pm

Unfortunately, for these skilled tradesman, they didn't wait for the "conflicting" data to be resolved regarding the safety of the clot-shot.

They won't make that mistake again.

https://voxday.net/2021/10/12/mailvox-dying-suddenly/
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:56 pm

murphy_p_t wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:53 pm
Unfortunately, for these skilled tradesman, they didn't wait for the "conflicting" data to be resolved regarding the safety of the clot-shot.

They won't make that mistake again.

https://voxday.net/2021/10/12/mailvox-dying-suddenly/
Not defending vaccines (I only took it because was forced to) but clotting complications occur with some patients who get covid pneumonia. So the only way to avoid the risk totally is to avoid any contact with the virus vaccine or getting the disease. No idea if risk is more with getting covid vs vaccine.