Moderator: Global Moderator

murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:19 am

jalanlong wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:38 pm
Since Maine and Vermont are experiencing record numbers of cases but yet are vaccinated at 84% and 89%, how much longer are we going to be told that this is a "pandemic of the unvaccinated"?

Of the laundry list of things that frustrate me, at the top is that so many things are found out to be untrue or simply pulled out of thin air (ie 6 feet for distancing or deep cleaning items thinking the virus spreads by touching infected surfaces) but yet more than a year later a significant number of people are still doing or repeating them. Like the old saying goes, it is much easier to lie to someone than convince them they have been lied to.
Things found out to be untrue....

Or rather, things known to be untrue by the authorities, but jammed down our throats to instill fear. (6 ft, face mask, poison control centers overwhelmed by people taking Ivermectin, etc)

It's a highly coordinated, psychological warfare against the global population.

The cognitive dissonance is widespread, by design.

What do JB pritzker and other disgusting totalitarians get out of all this? My suggestion is to reread "animal farm." Asking this question... Illustrates cognitive dissonance.
Last edited by murphy_p_t on Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:25 am

pp4me wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:00 pm
If you go to liberal news sites like CNN and MSNBC you get all kinds of stories about unvaccinated people dying of COVID, especially if they were anti-vaxxers.

If you go to conservative sites like Breitbart or Revolver you get all kinds of stories about people dying after taking the vaccine plus fully vaccinated people dying.

But people are supposed to do their own research and decide for themselves?

Right!
Or you can seek out independent voices and sources of information attempting to be objective.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:05 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:27 pm

This is the part that bothers me the most -- that there's some incentive to keep people under their thumb, to keep them masked up, like Pritzker is high-fiving his wife every night going yeah, I am still fucking them. Jeez. If that's the case, where has it gotten them? Really, where? Any reasonable, slightly conservative person running against him should be able to beat him.
I don't know that there has to be some sort of high level conspiracy going on. In the case of some of the mayors and judges in my area, I think it is more a case of self-importance. As I posted on another thread before, in normal times I think it is fair to say that a majority of people cannot even name their mayor, or district judge. Who knows what these people do on a daily basis.

However, for the last year and a half they have been front and center. They are giving news conferences every day, interviews, making "important" decisions about what can open and close and who can wear what where and how should schools open and what should the procedures be. For a lot of them this is the first and maybe only time that people actually care what they have to say. And so I think they are very hesitant to give it up. A member of a famous rock band once said that a taste of fame is so delicious that you will work 10x harder to hold on to it then you ever did to get it in the first place.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:54 am

jalanlong wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:05 am
Cortopassi wrote:

This is the part that bothers me the most -- that there's some incentive to keep people under their thumb, to keep them masked up, like Pritzker is high-fiving his wife every night going yeah, I am still fucking them. Jeez. If that's the case, where has it gotten them? Really, where? Any reasonable, slightly conservative person running against him should be able to beat him.
I don't know that there has to be some sort of high level conspiracy going on. In the case of some of the mayors and judges in my area, I think it is more a case of self-importance. As I posted on another thread before, in normal times I think it is fair to say that a majority of people cannot even name their mayor, or district judge. Who knows what these people do on a daily basis.

However, for the last year and a half they have been front and center. They are giving news conferences every day, interviews, making "important" decisions about what can open and close and who can wear what where and how should schools open and what should the procedures be. For a lot of them this is the first and maybe only time that people actually care what they have to say. And so I think they are very hesitant to give it up. A member of a famous rock band once said that a taste of fame is so delicious that you will work 10x harder to hold on to it then you ever did to get it in the first place.
Sure, it might be the personality. I am not one who wants to be front and center, so it is hard to relate.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:55 am

From Barron's:
Why Merck’s Celebrated Covid Pill Could Be Riskier Than People Think

Merck ‘s announcement that its antiviral molnupiravir had halved hospitalizations in a trial of high-risk Covid-19 patients was met with enthusiasm on Friday, inspiring a vision of a world in which treating a Covid-19 infection could be as trivial as swallowing a few pills.
Some scientists who have studied the drug warn, however, that the method it uses to kill the virus that causes Covid-19 carries potential dangers that could limit the drug’s usefulness.

Molnupiravir works by incorporating itself into the genetic material of the virus, and then causing a huge number of mutations as the virus replicates, effectively killing it. In some lab tests, the drug has also shown the ability to integrate into the genetic material of mammalian cells, causing mutations as those cells replicate.

If that were to happen in the cells of a patient being treated with molnupiravir, it could theoretically lead to cancer or birth defects. link.
Hmm, seems like young people might want to think twice about these pills.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:05 am

murphy_p_t wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:19 am

Things found out to be untrue....

Or rather, things known to be untrue by the authorities, but jammed down our throats to instill fear. (6 ft, face mask, poison control centers overwhelmed by people taking Ivermectin, etc)

It's a highly coordinated, psychological warfare against the global population.

The cognitive dissonance is widespread, by design.

What do JB pritzker and other disgusting totalitarians get out of all this? My suggestion is to reread "animal farm." Asking this question... Illustrates cognitive dissonance.

Have you ever told us what state you live in? If you have, I am not remembering.

But I live in Massachusetts....can you inform me of the coordinated chain between the federal government to our governor to all of our towns and cities.

If you cannot provide names and facts....then I have to doubt your assertion.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:45 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:54 am
jalanlong wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:05 am
Cortopassi wrote:

Sure, it might be the personality. I am not one who wants to be front and center, so it is hard to relate.
I could say the same thing about Fauci. He has made over 500 television appearances in the last year, thrown out the first pitch at a baseball game, secured a book and documentary deal, had daily visits with Presidents, increased his salary by 49% since the pandemic began and increased the funding of his research institutes by untold millions. What motivation would he ever have to declaring the pandemic over and done?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:41 pm

Are any of your local hospitals imposing similar mandates as my local hospital has?

Vinny

Baystate vaccine mandate in effect with 99% employees in compliance

https://www.recorder.com/Baystate-Healt ... t-42829389

GREENFIELD – The vaccine mandate at Baystate Health went into effect Friday, with 99% of employees in compliance.

Out of nearly 13,000 employees, 145 were not in compliance with the policy and have been placed on unpaid administrative leave as of Friday, according to a Baystate Health.

Those employees will have two weeks to get vaccinated if they want to continue with Baystate Health.

“Getting vaccinated is the single most important and responsible step each of us can take to put an end to this devastating pandemic and protect patients, families and each other,” said Dr. Mark Keroack, president and CEO of Baystate Health.

Dr. Armando Paez, head of the Infectious Disease Division at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, previously said that getting vaccinated may not be 100% at preventing infection, it’s effective preventing serious illness requiring hospitalization and death.

Support the Recorder. Subscribe Today
“Even if younger individuals who have not been vaccinated … if you have a large group of those patients — yes, they may not die from it, they may not be hospitalized — but the more chances you give the virus to replicate and transmit it, the more chances the virus can further mutate,” Paez said. “Later on, that variant may be able to overcome the vaccines we have received.”

Keroack said the safety and efficacy of the “rigorously tested, FDA-approved or authorized vaccines” is clear.

“The best way to keep our care environment safe for both patients and caregivers during the current pandemic is the highly effective and safe COVID-19 vaccine,” he said. “That is why we decided to make vaccination a condition of employment.”

Keroack said he had to weigh the potential pain of workers losing their jobs, with his personal responsibility to provide the safest environment for patients, “which is best assured by a remarkably safe and effective vaccine.”

According to the release, Baystate Health conducted over the last several months an “extensive and respectful process” for concerned employees — answering questions related to the vaccine, providing emotional support in decision making, ensuring that vaccines are easy to obtain, and addressing special concerns or requests for exemptions.

“We recognize that some employees have remained steadfast in their decision to not be vaccinated, but we must put safety first and follow through with our mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy,” he said. “We appreciate the support we have received from our team members, patients and community in moving forward with this decision.”
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:35 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:58 pm

vnatale wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:41 pm

1) “Getting vaccinated is the single most important and responsible step each of us can take to put an end to this devastating pandemic and protect patients, families and each other,” said Dr. Mark Keroack, president and CEO of Baystate Health.

2) Dr. Armando Paez, head of the Infectious Disease Division at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, previously said that getting vaccinated may not be 100% at preventing infection, it’s effective preventing serious illness requiring hospitalization and death.

Please explain how if #2 is true, which it is, they can infer that #1 is also true, which it isn't. I ask this as someone who has been vaccinated. Again, where is the logic?

I am not seeing the illogic.

Doesn't this section (which you did not quote) link the two?

"“Even if younger individuals who have not been vaccinated … if you have a large group of those patients — yes, they may not die from it, they may not be hospitalized — but the more chances you give the virus to replicate and transmit it, the more chances the virus can further mutate,” Paez said. “Later on, that variant may be able to overcome the vaccines we have received.”
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:58 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:45 pm

vnatale wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:35 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:58 pm

vnatale wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:41 pm

1) “Getting vaccinated is the single most important and responsible step each of us can take to put an end to this devastating pandemic and protect patients, families and each other,” said Dr. Mark Keroack, president and CEO of Baystate Health.

2) Dr. Armando Paez, head of the Infectious Disease Division at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, previously said that getting vaccinated may not be 100% at preventing infection, it’s effective preventing serious illness requiring hospitalization and death.

Please explain how if #2 is true, which it is, they can infer that #1 is also true, which it isn't. I ask this as someone who has been vaccinated. Again, where is the logic?

I am not seeing the illogic.

Doesn't this section (which you did not quote) link the two?

"“Even if younger individuals who have not been vaccinated … if you have a large group of those patients — yes, they may not die from it, they may not be hospitalized — but the more chances you give the virus to replicate and transmit it, the more chances the virus can further mutate,” Paez said. “Later on, that variant may be able to overcome the vaccines we have received.”

No, it does not. Getting the vax does NOT reduce the transmission.

Last night I was sitting next to a friend while watching the Yankees / Red Sox game.

I asked him IF he was vaccinated and I was not...what were the main differences between us?

I think I said that I had more to fear from him than him from me. We were both susceptible from passing on the virus to one another but I'd have far higher possibilities of having an adverse reaction than he would.

So you firmly believe that there is no less or greater possibilities between a vaccinated and unvaccinated person of a. getting infect b. passing it on to others?

I think that it similar to what I was saying to my friend last night.

It seems that things like this and masking should, after over a year and one-half, be clear cut and agreed upon by all?

There is no definitive authority to which we all can refer to and in which there would be general agreement?
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:23 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:45 pm
No, it does not. Getting the vax does NOT reduce the transmission.
This might be something we can do actual research on and find out an answer. My understanding is that it DOES reduce the transmission by a huge amount. What it does not do is 100% prevent transmission.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:50 pm

I was under the same impression as MangoMan.

https://www.ucdavis.edu/health/covid-19 ... ted-people

From the article:

“Although vaccinated people with a breakthrough infection are much less likely to become severely ill than unvaccinated, the new study shows that they can be carrying similar amounts of virus and could potentially spread the virus to other people.”

It goes on to say that the transmission is affected by a lot of various factors including intensity of exposure and underlying health. Transmission is not just down to one individual factor.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:57 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:50 pm

From the article:

“Although vaccinated people with a breakthrough infection are much less likely to become severely ill than unvaccinated, the new study shows that they can be carrying similar amounts of virus and could potentially spread the virus to other people.”

It goes on to say that the transmission is affected by a lot of various factors including intensity of exposure and underlying health. Transmission is not just down to one individual factor.
Everything I've read about it seems to be phrased very equivocally. For example, "can be". But more importantly, what does "similar amounts of the virus" mean? It may mean that the peak is as high, but the total area under the curve could be much, much lower.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:01 pm

Xan wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:57 pm

jalanlong wrote:

From the article:

Everything I've read about it seems to be phrased very equivocally. For example, "can be". But more importantly, what does "similar amounts of the virus" mean? It may mean that the peak is as high, but the total area under the curve could be much, much lower.

But still.....after over a year and one-half of this....there is still nothing definitive we can all access and agree upon?
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:10 pm

vnatale wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:01 pm
Xan wrote:
jalanlong wrote:

From the article:

But still.....after over a year and one-half of this....there is still nothing definitive we can all access and agree upon?
I think we can all agree that Covid is far more dangerous to the elderly, obese and those with immune and respiratory disorders. Those are stats I have never seen disputed anywhere. Underplayed but never disputed.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:38 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:10 pm

vnatale wrote:

Xan wrote:

jalanlong wrote:

From the article:

I think we can all agree that Covid is far more dangerous to the elderly, obese and those with immune and respiratory disorders. Those are stats I have never seen disputed anywhere. Underplayed but never disputed.

Yes. I hope we all agree upon that.

I was referring, though, to the transmission rates both to and from the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:19 am

MangoMan wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:44 am

vnatale wrote:

The better question is WHY we can not get CLEAR, unequivocal, definitive answers.

I think that somewhat in what I wrote was also that question implied.

I'm not sure from your response if you consider this an intentional or unintentional situation.

I consider it the latter and am puzzled as to why this is the case.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:50 am

You know the CDC has a great site on COVID.

Easy to understand, written for laymen and they say absolutely crazy things like..."we don't know at this time" on various aspects of COVID.

And, since their website is paid for by your tax dollars they don't need to publish clickbait to pull in advertising revenue.

There is a really good article on White Coat Investor about his encounter with the internet "news" industry when he was asked to write for a large financial "news" site.

https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/why-y ... ial-media/
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:55 am

I think we (human race) tend to think we know and understand things more than we really do. This is a virus that is worldwide, mutating, spreading randomly, infecting millions/billions of people who either don't care, don't know, are hyper vigilant, or somewhere in between.

This is a problem with a million variables. Hell, we still can't even effectively predict weather more than a few days out. Why would we think we can figure out exactly how this virus works in such a reasonably short period? If ever?
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:59 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:55 am
I think we (human race) tend to think we know and understand things more than we really do. This is a virus that is worldwide, mutating, spreading randomly, infecting millions/billions of people who either don't care, don't know, are hyper vigilant, or somewhere in between.

This is a problem with a million variables. Hell, we still can't even effectively predict weather more than a few days out. Why would we think we can figure out exactly how this virus works in such a reasonably short period? If ever?
Bangladesh of all places was able to do an actual, controlled study on masking. We here in the USA have done pretty much zilch as far as actually applying scientific methods to learning about what's going on.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:08 am

Xan wrote:
jalanlong wrote:

From the article:

I found this article from a couple days ago:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02689-y

It's poorly written in some places (hard to tell what pronouns are meant to refer to, and exactly what's being compared to what) but it seems to conclude that the vaccines do not a whole lot to prevent Delta transmission.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:01 am

Cortopassi wrote:

I would agree with that 100%. Much of society's mistakes come down to believing that we can control or manipulate events. Apparently the human race (and certainly not politicians) can never admit that some things are just random and out of our control.

That is why I was against so much government action at the beginning because they were trying to act as if they knew definitively that this or that measure would prevent the spread when in actuality they were just throwing darts. But once government institutes something it is very difficult for them to take it back which is why my son's school is still making them sit 6 feet apart. So I always err on the side of having an extremely high bar when it comes to mandates from politicians who are always so sure they can achieve a desired outcome by moving chess pieces to a certain space.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:08 am

jalanlong wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:01 am
Cortopassi wrote:

I would agree with that 100%. Much of society's mistakes come down to believing that we can control or manipulate events. Apparently the human race (and certainly not politicians) can never admit that some things are just random and out of our control.

That is why I was against so much government action at the beginning because they were trying to act as if they knew definitively that this or that measure would prevent the spread when in actuality they were just throwing darts. But once government institutes something it is very difficult for them to take it back which is why my son's school is still making them sit 6 feet apart. So I always err on the side of having an extremely high bar when it comes to mandates from politicians who are always so sure they can achieve a desired outcome by moving chess pieces to a certain space.
I agree. We think we can fix just about anything, but we aren't yet at the Star Trek technology level yet. Maybe one day we will be.

Once a decision is made, yes, very hard to pull back from it. Hell, even a simple comment off the cuff made by an official is hard to pull back.

Case in point from Ancel Keys 50+ years ago, a lot of people still think eating fat will kill you. The analogy of grease clogging up a sewer pipe is so compelling it just won't go away!
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:16 am

Kbg wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:50 am

Easy to understand, written for laymen and they say absolutely crazy things like..."we don't know at this time" on various aspects of COVID.

And, since their website is paid for by your tax dollars they don't need to publish clickbait to pull in advertising revenue.

There is a really good article on White Coat Investor about his encounter with the internet "news" industry when he was asked to write for a large financial "news" site.

Many thanks for this excellent article!

I'd just been in contact with Jonathan Clements both yesterday and today so I passed it on to him to make sure he'd seen that he IS being recognized as being one of the elite in the financial media.

"Don't blame Forbes. Financial newspapers and magazines, whether in print or online, are mostly all the same. With few exceptions (such as the notable Wall Street Journal columns of Jonathan Clements and Jason Zweig) they're all like this. You can only write, “Buy a reasonable mix of low-cost, broadly diversified, index mutual funds and rebalance them periodically” so many times and in so many ways. It's hard to sustain an ad-selling business that way."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:19 am

Kbg wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:50 am

On the other hand...when it comes to the CDC?

In Scott Gottlieb's book (he is a former FDA commissioner) the CDC comes off quite poorly in their handling of the initial stages of the virus and one of the major reasons why it was not overall handled anywhere as well as it could have been.

Uncontrolled Spread: Why COVID-19 Crushed Us and How We Can Defeat the Next Pandemic

https://www.amazon.com/Preparing-Inevit ... 156&sr=8-1