flyingpylon wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:56 pm
Xan wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:11 pm
SomeDude wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:51 pm
murphy_p_t wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:15 am
Imagine being so propaganda-poisoned that you think the experimental gene therapy stops the spread of Wuhan.
I thought the CDC came out last week and admitted that the experiment doesn't prevent you from getting or spreading? Isn't that why folks who are vaccinated all need to mask up again and stay home?
The vaccine helps very much with getting and spreading, but not as much as had been hoped. And with the amount of germ floating around because of all the fine people who just don't bother with vaccines or masking or distancing or anything, the recommendation was that in areas of high spread, vaccinated people go back to masking.
CDC Director Rochelle Walensky says that the vaccines no longer prevent transmission.

https://twitter.com/CNNSitRoom/status/1 ... 48929?s=20

Go to about 1:54.
Sounds like that takes away the last argument for getting it unless you are in a risk group.

They will struggle to convince anyone to volunteer at this point.
BZZT. More and more people are getting vaccinated as they see this thing spreading and hurting people.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Reasons why I will not be getting injected for the Wuhan

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:23 pm

"BZZT. More and more people are getting vaccinated as they see this thing spreading and hurting people."

Is there an analog to the rain dance? That will be likely as effective.

(Candid remark posted regardless of the feelings of true believers)
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:31 pm

murphy_p_t wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:23 pm
"BZZT. More and more people are getting vaccinated as they see this thing spreading and hurting people."

Is there an analog to the rain dance? That will be likely as effective.

(Candid remark posted regardless of the feelings of true believers)
Wait, so you now think the virus is a problem?
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:39 pm

I don't recall confirming, nor denying, the existence of Wuhan.

Why do you ask?

Ps. I have read that the virus has not been isolated. In fact I even saw a headline that the Irish government refused to put in writing that there is a virus, or something to that effect.

Is it accurate that a virus which causes Wuhan has yet to be isolated? If that's the case, are there any true vaccines which contain inactivated material?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:47 pm

All California Teachers Must Be Vaccinated or Tested Weekly for Covid-19
First-in-the-nation rule garners support from unions and comes amid nationwide disagreements over Covid-19 safety rules in schools

https://www.wsj.com/articles/california ... 8?mod=e2tw
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:51 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (15.14 KiB) Viewed 3719 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:02 am

Do nurses get kickbacks from the pharma industry?
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:04 am

murphy_p_t wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:02 am
Doctors take kickbacks for injecting themselves with deadly poison?
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:19 am

Xan wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:42 pm
Actually with the communicability of the Indian variant it looks like herd immunity won't ever be possible. We get to choose whether we face this thing with the help of the vaccine or without it.
I'd come to this same conclusion. Except that also "herd immunity" will not result in eradication of the virus, because vaccines don't prevent either infection or asymptomatic spread according to the CDC. It just helps protect the recipient from severe disease - and I said "helps" because it's not a guarantee.

So yes, we will have to learn to live with COVID, and the question is whether we come to grips with it now or 2-3 years from now after the economy and a lot of careers have been completely wrecked. Too many people still cling to the belief that COVID can be eradicated if everyone does what St. Fauci says.

p.s. I'm hanging in there guys! Trying to squeeze in some job-related work amidst the insanity of managing round the clock care for my mom - which is a round the clock job. Don't remember if I posted this but she fell last week and broke several bones including pelvis but thankfully not hip. I now have an even dimmer view of our crappy health system after going through this experience....caring for her is essentially a DIY endeavor. The one and only contribution from our health system so far was the X ray showing the fractures. No idea how most people cope with it. It's devastating to everyone involved. If my job were more rigid than it is (e.g. if I were 100% clinical instead of research) I'd have had to either quit or take a prolonged leave of absence by now.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:47 am

Xan wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:04 am
murphy_p_t wrote:
No, but after being threatened with the loss of not only their jobs but their licenses for giving out "misinformation"--meaning any information that runs counter to the government-approved narrative--few will have the backbone to resist.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:54 am

Good to hear from you, WiseOne. Hang in there!

You might check out whatever hospice resources are available in your area. You'd be surprised at how flexible their guidelines can be with respect to qualifying for in-home services. People who you'd assume are nowhere near qualifying oftentimes do.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:07 pm

WiseOne wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:19 am
Xan wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:42 pm
Actually with the communicability of the Indian variant it looks like herd immunity won't ever be possible. We get to choose whether we face this thing with the help of the vaccine or without it.
I'd come to this same conclusion. Except that also "herd immunity" will not result in eradication of the virus, because vaccines don't prevent either infection or asymptomatic spread according to the CDC. It just helps protect the recipient from severe disease - and I said "helps" because it's not a guarantee.

So yes, we will have to learn to live with COVID, and the question is whether we come to grips with it now or 2-3 years from now after the economy and a lot of careers have been completely wrecked. Too many people still cling to the belief that COVID can be eradicated if everyone does what St. Fauci says.

p.s. I'm hanging in there guys! Trying to squeeze in some job-related work amidst the insanity of managing round the clock care for my mom - which is a round the clock job. Don't remember if I posted this but she fell last week and broke several bones including pelvis but thankfully not hip. I now have an even dimmer view of our crappy health system after going through this experience....caring for her is essentially a DIY endeavor. The one and only contribution from our health system so far was the X ray showing the fractures. No idea how most people cope with it. It's devastating to everyone involved. If my job were more rigid than it is (e.g. if I were 100% clinical instead of research) I'd have had to either quit or take a prolonged leave of absence by now.
WiseOne, very sorry to hear about your mom. And about what a headache the situation is for you.

My understanding is that the vaccines still do reduce spread: surely somebody who's actively ill is a bigger spreader than somebody not. But "prevent" is a complicated word. Does "prevent" mean 100% protection, or a lowered amount, which would "prevent" many infections?
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:07 pm

One of my favorite opinion writers is Peggy Noonan of the WSJ.

I think she nailed it today.

There are few people who will call it as they see it anymore and poke at both sides of the political spectrum. Likely behind a paywall.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:49 pm

Maddy wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:47 am
Xan wrote:
murphy_p_t wrote:
No, but after being threatened with the loss of not only their jobs but their licenses for giving out "misinformation"--meaning any information that runs counter to the government-approved narrative--few will have the backbone to resist.
How hard is it for a doctor to "inject" themselves (wink, wink)?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:24 pm

Kbg wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:07 pm

One of my favorite opinion writers is Peggy Noonan of the WSJ.

I think she nailed it today.

There are few people who will call it as they see it anymore and poke at both sides of the political spectrum. Likely behind a paywall.

Not one of my favorites as pre-Trump there was not one thing any Democrat had ever done right. Somehow Trump was such a shock to her that she was actually able to now be critical of someone with a Republican after their name. I'm not sure, though, if I've yet to hear her acknowledge anything positive about any Democrat.

My opinion of her has not come from her writings but listening to her on the various Sunday news shows she has been on throughout the years, oftentimes a regular on one for long periods of time.

Again, pre-Trump, I'd have classified her as an extremely biased partisan. But I knew Trump was in trouble when he lost such people as her.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:54 am

Not being vaccinated will prevent from experiencing some things you may have wished to have experienced.....

Vinny

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (22.83 KiB) Viewed 3619 times
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:03 pm

It may be difficult to practice medicine soon if you are not vaccinated. My hospital mandates it as do several others in the area. The only exceptions allowed are those CDC mandates.

I have a legitimate (but unusual) medical exception which does not fall under CDC guidelines. Hopefully a note from my physician + filling out a form should allow me to avoid it.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:58 pm

Benko wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:03 pm
Hopefully a note from my physician + filling out a form should allow me to avoid it.
"Wait. . . I AM a physician!"
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:34 pm

Maddy wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:58 pm
Benko wrote:
Hopefully a note from my physician + filling out a form should allow me to avoid it.
"Wait. . . I AM a physician!"
Not sure what you are asking. yes I am a physician, but they wouldn't like me writing my own note, especially because the exemption is related to an autoimmune issue (not in my area of medicine). Theoretically vaccines should not flare autoimmune issues, but my body didn't read the manual.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:03 pm

Just ribbing you.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:36 pm

Benko wrote:
It may be difficult to practice medicine soon if you are not vaccinated. My hospital mandates it as do several others in the area. The only exceptions allowed are those CDC mandates.
Is the reason your hospital is mandating it for its liability reasons?

In the hospital where I worked, the organized medical staff and MEC operated very independently. So I would have expected a vaccine mandate for medical staff to require approval of the MEC which means the medical staff would be mandating the vaccine for themselves.
If the MEC would not agree, then I expect a negotiation would have gone on between the hospital CMO and the MEC members to find some type of common ground.

Note: this was a few years ago, when the physicians were independent providers where now many hospitals employ the attendings and even many of the specialties. So in those types of hospitals it may be an employer mandate which is more straightforward.
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:17 pm

glennds wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:36 pm
Benko wrote:
Is the reason your hospital is mandating it for its liability reasons?

In the hospital where I worked, the organized medical staff and MEC operated very independently. So I would have expected a vaccine mandate for medical staff to require approval of the MEC which means the medical staff would be mandating the vaccine for themselves.
If the MEC would not agree, then I expect a negotiation would have gone on between the hospital CMO and the MEC members to find some type of common ground.

Note: this was a few years ago, when the physicians were independent providers where now many hospitals employ the attendings and even many of the specialties. So in those types of hospitals it may be an employer mandate which is more straightforward.
The hospital I work at is gov't run and the recent mandate (that employees must get the vaccine) applies.

The major university hospital down the street also requires it of employees.
KayFaybe
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by KayFaybe » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:22 pm

Maddy wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:47 am
Xan wrote:
murphy_p_t wrote:
As a long-time republican/anarchist/conservative, I agree with you. It is pretty clear from the health care professionals who post in this forum that they have neither scruples nor backbones. They should be screaming from the hills -- to their patients, and to the public in general -- about the fake COVID, and the fake vaccines. And yet they don't.

For example:
Benko wrote:
In other words, rather than tell the truth about COVID and the vaccines, you will cower.

As a conservative/anarchist/republican, isn't it your duty to tell the truth?

Look, nobody said that taking a stand would be easy. Donald Trump, the greatest president (and Christian) in history did not have an easy path. He sacrificed alot to do so many things. Donald Trump would never shut down anything over COVID. Donald Trump is too principled to have anything to do with COVID vaccines. Follow his lead and stand up for the truth.

As I have posted elsewhere, I have cut off all contact with my aging parents because of their belief in this COVID nonsense. Do you think that was easy? But some things are just too important.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:00 am

Gosh darn it, another poster where if this isn’t satirical writing, well…. ::)
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:32 am

Yeah, clever, isn't it.