Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by SomeDude » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:44 am

I looked at the rona stats and allegedly 1.7M people have tested positive in the last 30 days. Let's call that 1/200 people.

So even if you believe rona is real and not a hoax, those numbers are so tiny, is anyone even sick from this allegedly? Does anyone here on the internet even know anyone sick from the "pandemic"?

Why are people wearing masks still and why is it illegal for so many people to engage in commerce across the country?

Main question is, does anyone know anyone who is sick allegedly from rona?
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Does anyone om know anyone that is even sick?

Post by SomeDude » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:45 am

Don't know why the phone added "om" in the title
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:22 am

Yes, and dead too.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Vil
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Vil » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:25 am

SomeDude wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:44 am

Do not know about US but from the 4 properties we have, at 2 of those we're having next-to-us neighbours that passed away. Relatives we have and they just suffered badly, nothing more, luckily. Maybe its just a real coincidence, but when it happens to someone you know (relatives, neighbours) you start to look at it from different angle. Some sort of bias, I guess...
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:07 am

Maybe I just don't know many people but there have been two people within last couple of weeks that I heard about third hand that have died after some time in the hospital.

I will first say I have been very blessed to have not been first hand affected and sure don't want to push my luck.

But had I heard about these people dying at their age or health condition before covid was identified, it would have not been out of the norm.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:08 am

In the areas hit hard like the tristate area it is near impossible to find anyone who does not know people hospitalized or died from covid .

We lost friends and family to it .

My daughter in laws father died at home from it while her mother was hospitalized for months .

I lost 3 friends to it

My ex wife had it bad

Our 7 year old grandson tested positive and was asymptomatic.

We know so many who were sick but not enough to go to the hospital . I can’t even remember them all there were so many who were sick . You just loose track of them after a while ..many have long term effects and permanent damage even though they were not hospitalized.

After a while it became like getting wounded or killed in combat , you just lose track when there are so many

Many co workers had it but got it from other friends and family .

What sticks in my mind was the rows and rows of refrigerated trailers storing the dead bodies as daily so many were dying .

For those in the hard areas it was like being in a combat zone ..other areas outside the combat zone may not even know anyone killed or wounded , but inside that zone things are very different .

Right now you all know my wife and I were hospitalized for weeks with covid so now you know someone
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:44 am

I guess I'll re-ask.....does anyone know anyone currently hospitalized for covid?
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:52 am

SomeDude wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:44 am
I guess I'll re-ask.....does anyone know anyone currently hospitalized for covid?
3 right now ...

600 if you count the fact every covid bed is still being taken up on the floor we are on ..our friend is a nurse on the floor we were on
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Does anyone know anyone that is even sick?

Post by mathjak107 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:56 am

MangoMan wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:44 am
Yes, quite a few patients had it, and several of my PickleBall buddies. And then all of their families. No one died from it, but most reported that it was extremely unpleasant.
Unpleasant can be putting it mildly once you reach being hospitalized...every bed on our floor which was non icu was pretty close to each other in how sick we were ....any sicker and you were icu ,any better and you were not admitted and put on an in home care program .

I was admitted on the 10th day and taken by ambulance as o2 levels plunged ..my wife was brought in 3 days later to er and put on home care ..a day later the virus attacked with a vengeance like it did me and she was admitted too .

So I can say it was the sickest I have ever been as well as the first time in my life I was ever in a hospital.

Just days before we both were playing scrabble going if this is covid , no big deal ....like most who got hospitalized in non icu , the virus was not bad the first 8 days ....but generally the hospital said between 8-12 days days in , it regroups , learns its way around and attacks with a vengeance
Last edited by mathjak107 on Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
WiseOne
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WiseOne » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:17 am

Yes - several people on this forum, and several people I know in real life. And by "case" I mean people who reported symptoms consistent with COVID and had a positive test to go with it. Not just a positive test with no symptoms - I know several people who had that, and I'm not counting them.

SomeDude you aren't going to get anywhere with this. COVID is a real virus. The issue is how to react to it, not whether it exists.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:27 am

Unfortunately, yes, some friends and coworkers. Some people from my church, too. :P
🛞 The All-Terrain Portfolio 🛞
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:40 am

WiseOne wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:17 am

SomeDude you aren't going to get anywhere with this. COVID is a real virus. The issue is how to react to it, not whether it exists.
+1
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by barrett » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:42 am

I don't know mathjak personally but he's still not close to 100% months after having COVID. I've had two business associates die from COVID, ages 57 & 68. SomeDude, there are real lives behind the numbers. Is there enough evidence for you yet on this thread?
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:22 pm

barrett wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:42 am
I don't know mathjak personally but he's still not close to 100% months after having COVID. I've had two business associates die from COVID, ages 57 & 68. SomeDude, there are real lives behind the numbers. Is there enough evidence for you yet on this thread?
Correct , either of us are near what we were prior..I still can’t jog or weight lift ....just stairs and walking 3 months in now
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:05 pm

WiseOne wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:17 am
Yes - several people on this forum, and several people I know in real life. And by "case" I mean people who reported symptoms consistent with COVID and had a positive test to go with it. Not just a positive test with no symptoms - I know several people who had that, and I'm not counting them.

You know people currently hospitalized WiseOne?
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:07 pm

tomfoolery wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:36 pm
SomeDude wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:44 am
I looked at the rona stats and allegedly 1.7M people have tested positive in the last 30 days. Let's call that 1/200 people.

So even if you believe rona is real and not a hoax, those numbers are so tiny, is anyone even sick from this allegedly? Does anyone here on the internet even know anyone sick from the "pandemic"?

Why are people wearing masks still and why is it illegal for so many people to engage in commerce across the country?

The only person I know who is sick is you, in the head for not believing the truth of the main stream media. Consider psychiatric help for your QAnon fantasies. Go registered to vote Democrat, it will be smartest move of your life.
Do you know anyone currently sick with Covid?
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:11 pm

barrett wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:42 am
I'm asking if you know anyone currently hospitalized barret.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:12 pm

This conversation is getting to nonsensical.... it is no longer even worth replying to.

After all the People I know who died ,were sick and what myself and wife went through I have no desire to discuss this as I know I won’t remain civil.

I take this way to personally
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:53 pm

mathjak107 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:12 pm
This conversation is getting to nonsensical.... it is no longer even worth replying to.

After all the People I know who died ,were sick and what myself and wife went through I have no desire to discuss this as I know I won’t remain civil.

I take this way to personally
I applaud you bowing out then MJ. Many people can't. Im looking at the "official numbers" saying around 1.5M have tested positive in the last month and wondering if anyone knows anyone currently sick or hospitalized. Unless i missread only mountaineer said he knows someone. You said you know people who were afflicted and some still suffering effects. You said you know a nurse who works on a floor filled with covid patients. Ok thats a different question.

I was just asking if anyone knows anyone currently sick. Many people said they know people who were or who in fact died as a result (at least in part) due to covid.

We're still calling it a pandemic. Just wondering if anyone actually knows anyone currently hospitalized for the pandemic.

PG said some of his patients were.
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:32 pm

For the record it is a numbers game in any area ...the more who had it and the more who get vaccinated the less likely someone will be hospitalized or sick more recently .

With pretty much so many already having it here plus the vaccine , odds are less and less we will know newer people
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:25 pm

I only wish that there was a way to magically give the antivaxers and anti maskers a good does of it ..nothing fatal , but enough to take the smirk off their face and the thinking they know better just so they understand what it’s like ..maybe just enough for a two week stint in the hospital like we had...

I respect anyone’s choice not to do something ..but then they shouldn’t don’t benefit from everyone else doing it as life normalizes from vaccinations.

Maybe give them an identifying badge and keep them away from higher risk places , maybe even their job if they can effect others
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:37 pm

mathjak107 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:25 pm

I only wish that there was a way to magically give the antivaxers and anti maskers a good does of it ..nothing fatal , but enough to take the smirk off their face and the thinking they know better just so they understand what it’s like ..maybe just enough for a two week stint in the hospital like we had...

I respect anyone’s choice not to do something ..but then they shouldn’t don’t benefit from everyone else doing it as life normalizes from vaccinations.

Maybe give them an identifying badge and keep them away from higher risk places , maybe even their job if they can effect others

Then their change in position regarding masks and vaccinces will be exactly like those politicians who explained their complete reversal of positions by saying that their "thinking has evolved."

The only way that it "evolved" is that prior they passed laws that had no applicability to them.

But then as soon as their child needing an abortion or their child comes out as gay....then their thinking "evolves".
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:46 pm

The fun will be when those not vaccinated want to go to all the places vaccinated people go and do all the things they do and all those unvaccinated people that go make each other good and sick ...
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:10 pm

I believe a better question is are the Covid numbers over inflated? Why are there virtually no cases of the flu? These are fair questions.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:33 pm

mathjak107 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:46 pm
The fun will be when those not vaccinated want to go to all the places vaccinated people go and do all the things they do and all those unvaccinated people that go make each other good and sick ...
I think you miss that the deliberately unvaccinated understand and accept this risk.

Panama City Beach is in full Spring Break mode right now. The town is overrun with people having a good time. Check the stats next week and see if it even shows up as a statistical blip.

If I end up on the list, I accept that.