Harvard University CS50

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Harvard University CS50

Post by Smith1776 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:16 pm

I am enjoying my newfound freedom in being able to pursue learning and projects without the obligation of exams and the like. For those of you who don't know, Harvard University's CS50 series of courses on computer science are completely free to take online. Despite being free, the courses have full assignment assessments (if you choose to do them) and even a certificate of completion at the end.

https://cs50.harvard.edu/x/2021/

Even if you are already familiar with computer science concepts or are already some kind of professional, the lectures are extremely engaging. David Malan is a brilliant speaker, and his passion for the subject really shines through.

I still find the James Rickards portfolio fascinating.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Harvard University CS50

Post by vnatale » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:08 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:16 pm

I am enjoying my newfound freedom in being able to pursue learning and projects without the obligation of exams and the like. For those of you who don't know, Harvard University's CS50 series of courses on computer science are completely free to take online. Despite being free, the courses have full assignment assessments (if you choose to do them) and even a certificate of completion at the end.

https://cs50.harvard.edu/x/2021/

Even if you are already familiar with computer science concepts or are already some kind of professional, the lectures are extremely engaging. David Malan is a brilliant speaker, and his passion for the subject really shines through.

Good find for you!
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:11 pm

It looks like he has a flight of beers in front of him. I have a name for #8: The Enlightenferment.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:13 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:11 pm

It looks like he has a flight of beers in front of him. I have a name for #8: The Enlightenferment.

You are correct! It at first confused me!
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:15 pm

Take the course! Take the course! Take the course! O0 O0 O0
I still find the James Rickards portfolio fascinating.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:41 am

Smith1776 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:15 pm

Take the course! Take the course! Take the course! O0 O0 O0

It appeals to me. I can add to that "that list". But here are so many other things already on "that list" that I doubt I'd ever get to it.