, "Why I got the damn shot and got on with my life".

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

, "Why I got the damn shot and got on with my life".

Post by murphy_p_t » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:03 am

(intentionally blank)
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: , "Why I got the damn shot and got on with my life".

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:17 am

I'm responding to the title of this thread. Why? Mainly because of:

"Love your neighbor as yourself" is a favorite Bible verse about love. It is the anecdote to correcting all negative behaviors toward others.

I try to love myself and want to stay around as long as I can. I try to love my neighbors, the closest of whom are my wife and kids.

YMMV
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:57 pm

Both the answers above are what I'd say.

But I would also add, there's nothing nefarious going on here. Will the vaccine harm some people, yes. Intentionally? I do not believe so.

While there are politics surrounding this at all levels, I believe the scientists developing these types of vaccines have good reasons in their hearts.

If this mRNA tech continues successfully, it could make many diseases much easier to treat in the future.

And yeah, it is letting me get on with life. Visited my parents today. Gave hugs. I am seeing parking lots full of cars. The mall was packed. Restaurants were packed. Good to see!
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:27 pm

If I got full on COVID, I’d probably have a tough time.
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:36 pm

Thankfully I live in a place where I have been able to get on with my life since May of last year or so. I just don't lick as many doorknobs as before.

Statistically speaking at this point I feel like it is more important for our society to not wear a mask because of what is lost than what may be gained by wearing a mask.

Saying that, I do have an appointment for a jab.

I am just weighing risks. I also confirmed blood is negative for antibodies already.

Biggest risk I see right now is if current cases have high amount of false positives and actual virus risk is worse than currently calculated.