Can Greed Be Taught? How Can I Learn?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Can Greed Be Taught? How Can I Learn?

Post by Hal » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:30 pm

Easy >:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQlnmWCPgA

Now I have to get back to implementing the 4th Reich in Australia....
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:13 pm

tomfoolery wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:04 pm
How can a regular employee use the greed-based tactics of CEOs to get pay increases?
I remember a quote from Thomas Sowell that said something like "Attributing economic outcomes to greed is like attributing plane crashes to gravity".

Or, as the CEO of one of the companies I worked for liked to say all the time, "It's all about the numbers".
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:14 pm

Well they arent 204x smarter. I suppose it's born with connections + willing to work 70+ hours/week when you could already be retired.

If I could get Bezos/Dimon et al on the phone, that networking power alone is worth seven figures.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:21 am

boglerdude wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:14 pm

Well they arent 204x smarter. I suppose it's born with connections + willing to work 70+ hours/week when you could already be retired.

If I could get Bezos/Dimon et al on the phone, that networking power alone is worth seven figures.

What connections did Bezos have when he started Amazon?

He and the group who started Amazon were incredibly hard workers....working far more hours than 99% of the rest of Americans would have been willing to work.

I laud him for all that he has achieved.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:39 pm

Well, he wasnt born in Harlem. "Bezos' maternal grandfather was Lawrence Preston Gise, a regional director of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) in Albuquerque.[24] Gise retired early to his family's ranch near Cotulla, Texas, where Bezos would spend many summers in his youth.[25] His maternal grandmother was Mattie Louise Gise (née Strait), through whom he is a cousin of country singer George Strait.[28]"

Smarter than us for sure tho. Not sure how I feel about his worker treatment. If he even has a say in that