YouTube Junkie

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: YouTube Junkie

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:29 pm

There are several thousand nearly complete viral genomes integrated into the human genome, most now inert or missing a crucial gene. These account for 1.3% of the entire genome. That may not sound like much, but 'proper' genes account for only 3%. If you think being descended from apes is bad for your self-esteem, then get used to the idea that you are also descended from viruses.
Ridley, Genome
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:29 pm

👍
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:28 pm
Stranger Synths?
Kriegsspiel wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:29 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdTalMWrQ7c

GODDAMN THIS IS HIGH IQ
Damned impressive!
Since this is an era when many people are concerned about ‘fairness’ and ‘social justice,’ what is your ‘fair share’ of what someone else has worked for? Sowell
VUSXX is still paying over 1.5%. However, it now has 15% in (non-treasury-bill) govt obligations.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:50 pm

Speaking of synths... I've been listening to a lot of Hollywood Undead - Undead lately. Let the aggression wash over you in a cool wave.
There are several thousand nearly complete viral genomes integrated into the human genome, most now inert or missing a crucial gene. These account for 1.3% of the entire genome. That may not sound like much, but 'proper' genes account for only 3%. If you think being descended from apes is bad for your self-esteem, then get used to the idea that you are also descended from viruses.
Ridley, Genome
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:31 pm

Dance With The Dead - Neo Tokyo (orig. Scandroid)

Now you know what I've been listening to to get pumped to hit the bars. Toodles.
Ridley, Genome
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:12 pm

And for something a bit different...

https://youtu.be/IyxSTTBusm0

The annual ice water dip for Epiphany.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:16 am

I'm not on a tirade today. This was in my twitter feed recently, though it's from July.
I was actually surprised about this one. Maybe I'm naive.

https://twitter.com/Imamofpeace/status/ ... 42305?s=20
Since this is an era when many people are concerned about ‘fairness’ and ‘social justice,’ what is your ‘fair share’ of what someone else has worked for? Sowell
VUSXX is still paying over 1.5%. However, it now has 15% in (non-treasury-bill) govt obligations.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:28 am

dualstow wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:16 am
I'm not on a tirade today. This was in my twitter feed recently, though it's from July.
I was actually surprised about this one. Maybe I'm naive.

https://twitter.com/Imamofpeace/status/ ... 42305?s=20
Arab Countries Say “We Miss the Jews”. Heh.
Ridley, Genome
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:29 am

On that note.

Ridley, Genome
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:32 pm

O0 You're on a tear today! O0
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:26 pm

Day in the Life of a Typical Japanese Office Worker in Tokyo

This guy has a lot of cool videos about Japan, the "day in the life" ones are the best.
Ridley, Genome
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:28 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:26 pm
Day in the Life of a Typical Japanese Office Worker in Tokyo

This guy has a lot of cool videos about Japan, the "day in the life" ones are the best.

That was very interesting. Thanks for the link.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:22 am

Yeah, that was a good clip. Some of that is atypical. Emi is adorable.