YouTube Junkie

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: YouTube Junkie

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:21 am

It is (arguably) better that SJW types have switched from being improper grammar-Nazis, "OMG, did you hear that guy call Fern a 'she' when Fern prefers 'they' since they is non-gender identified?! I'm gonna call him a white nationalist on Twitter!"

to being public health-Nazis with their social distancing obsession, "OMG did you see how close they were standing?! They could kill somebody! I'm gonna take a picture and put it on Twitter!"
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:29 am

Hey, those are pronoun-nazis. Get it right. O0
I’m a grammar nazi. I should know.
Damn pronoun nazis.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 am

:-X yes that's what I meant to say.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:20 pm

Atreyu - Remembrance Ballad

These days are closing in
Because the end's become apparent
We're only here for so long
Will anyone remember my name
When time has washed away the dust of our ashes
When my head rests in a velvet lined casket
What's out there?
What is my eternal fate?
And it only just recently hit me
That this life is just a state
Mortality fading, like the innocence of love
I'm scared to death of what's to become

Of my immortal soul, of this eternal flame
Will you remember?
Will your heart sing with pain?
Who calls out my name
And tell me what happens?
When my eyes close for the last time
Does it all simply end in a blanket of darkness
And what of my soul, what of my soul?

All those things that you couldn't say
You should've said
All those I-love-you's lost
Weighed more like lead on your chest

All those things that you couldn't say
You should've said
All those I-love-you's lost
Weighed more like lead on your chest, what of

If I could take back all those misspent days
Every second of anger, I would wash my sins away
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:04 pm

Saboton has a bunch of songs about the Great War.

The Attack Of The Dead Men - About the Ostfront, site of the first gas weapon deployment
In Flanders Fields
82nd All The Way - An ode to Alvin York
Fields of Verdun
The Red Baron
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm

shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:03 pm

HA hah ha Ha Ha ha

Trust Us..
FDIC’s Ridiculous Ad to Stop Bank Runs Is Sending the Opposite Signal.

https://youtu.be/jdjzIaEDTnw
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by shekels » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:06 pm

shekels wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:03 pm
HA hah ha Ha Ha ha

Trust Us..

And it's gone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:24 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:04 pm
Saboton has a bunch of songs about the Great War.

The Attack Of The Dead Men - About the Ostfront, site of the first gas weapon deployment
In Flanders Fields
82nd All The Way - An ode to Alvin York
Fields of Verdun
The Red Baron

https://youtu.be/EqFoqtpUFY8
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:21 pm

Trump Fansite The Federalist Hits New Low: Telling People to Get Infected With Coronavirus

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-fan ... ia=desktop
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:04 am

vnatale wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:21 pm
Trump Fansite The Federalist Hits New Low: Telling People to Get Infected With Coronavirus

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-fan ... ia=desktop
Vinny, did you actually read the article at The Federalist? It doesn’t “tell people to get infected with coronavirus”. It simply says we need to think outside the box in this situation and considers it as a possible solution with advantages and disadvantages like other solutions.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:31 am

shekels wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:06 pm
shekels wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:03 pm
HA hah ha Ha Ha ha

Trust Us..

And it's gone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg
Perfect O0 (second video)
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:11 pm

Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:36 am

MangoMan wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:31 am
What? No Hollies 'the air that I breathe' ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7duPNQCp-w4

Or anything by Air Supply?
O0
Hollies - one of my favorite groups. And that song is a great one.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:05 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:36 am
MangoMan wrote:
What? No Hollies 'the air that I breathe' ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7duPNQCp-w4

O0
I grew up in Rhode Island. But I was able to get this station from Cleveland on my transistor radio. I think it was called WKYC?

I used to regularly listen to it as they played music that I was not hearing in Rhode Island.

Since it is now over 55 years ago and my memory is now fuzzy, it was either the Hollies doing "Bus Stop" or "Look Through Any Window" (I'm thinking the latter) that this Cleveland station played for about four months before it got played on the Rhode Island stations. Absolutely loved that song. Still do!

Of course we all know that Graham Nash from the Hollies went on to much bigger things. Have read some books on Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young and some of them give information about the Hollies in the context of telling us about Nash's life.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:22 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:05 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
MangoMan wrote:

O0
I grew up in Rhode Island. But I was able to get this station from Cleveland on my transistor radio. I think it was called WKYC?

I used to regularly listen to it as they played music that I was not hearing in Rhode Island.

Since it is now over 55 years ago and my memory is now fuzzy, it was either the Hollies doing "Bus Stop" or "Look Through Any Window" (I'm thinking the latter) that this Cleveland station played for about four months before it got played on the Rhode Island stations. Absolutely loved that song. Still do!

Of course we all know that Graham Nash from the Hollies went on to much bigger things. Have read some books on Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young and some of them give information about the Hollies in the context of telling us about Nash's life.

Vinny
Crosby, Stills and Nash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuLBhxZUkmU

One of my all time favorites.

Some might enjoy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeEWMnRcrTY
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:38 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:22 pm
vnatale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:05 pm
Mountaineer wrote:
MangoMan wrote:

O0

Vinny
Crosby, Stills and Nash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuLBhxZUkmU

One of my all time favorites.

Some might enjoy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeEWMnRcrTY
There used to be a video available on them via Amazon Prime (for free) that I'm no longer seeing. But it mostly covered their reunion, their overt opposition to the 2003 Iraq War, and the reception they received to that when playing shows in the South - people walking out.

After I read that book about them last fall I sent a Tweet to David Crosby and asked him if the book had fairly portrayed him. I was actually quite surprised (shocked) when he responded that he had NOT read it!

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:15 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:40 pm
If you like David Crosby, there was a really good autobiographical docudrama he did. I got it free from the library back when those were open, but it is available for streaming on Amazon for a fee. David Crosby: Remember My Name
I have bought all his books and have read some of them.

He fit in well with both the Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young.

So like him as part of the two above teams. But on his own I don't hold him to be a great talent. Big time drug user! Was his own worst enemy for long portions of his life. Glad he's turned a lot of things around.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:15 pm

Had never prior heard of Justin Moore until a few minutes ago when I picked a CD of his to listen to for the first time ever.

This was the second song on it: Guns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5YrbZLoq84

Seems like its lyrics would strike a chord with many here?

Me? Until I moved to this area from Rhode Island I thought only police and the "bad" guys had guns. Had no idea regular people owned guns. The first and only time I fired a gun was when I was about 31.

Disclaimer: I do have a BB rifle in my living room which I bought in the early 80s for target shooting. Probably the last time it was used and have no idea where the BBs are in this house.

Vinny
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:28 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:15 pm
Had never prior heard of Justin Moore until a few minutes ago when I picked a CD of his to listen to for the first time ever.

Me? Until I moved to this area from Rhode Island I thought only police and the "bad" guys had guns. Had no idea regular people owned guns. The first and only time I fired a gun was when I was about 31.

Disclaimer: I do have a BB rifle in my living room which I bought in the early 80s for target shooting. Probably the last time it was used and have no idea where the BBs are in this house.

Vinny
How far do the police have to go miles/time wise to get to your house? Let me know how that works out for you when the bad guys come knockin' (hmmm, that could be the makings of a Country music song - or gangsta rap). Unless your cats are attack cats (lions or tigers). ;D I'm thinking you really did grow up in liberal, big bro gonna' save me from everything land.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:28 pm
vnatale wrote:

Vinny
How far do the police have to go miles/time wise to get to your house? Let me know how that works out for you when the bad guys come knockin' (hmmm, that could be the makings of a Country music song - or gangsta rap). Unless your cats are attack cats (lions or tigers). ;D I'm thinking you really did grow up in liberal, big bro gonna' save me from everything land.
They are on my street. Fire / Police combination complex setup. I'd say they are 3 miles/ 5 minutes away tops.

One time, last decade, there was someone shining a flashlight through my front door. I called the police. They told me it was them! A neighbor has called them complaining about the music that was playing in my garage.

And, I just recounted to someone how I was charged with a felony - illegal possession of a narcotic - in December 1972 and did not get to go to court until May 1975. Vice squad guy who arrested me and made those charges lied about all in his police report. I was totally innocent. I was looking forward to my time in court for us to look eye to eye and have him lie to my face. Fortunately, it worked out perfectly for me that day in court when I told the judge exactly what had happened contrary to the official police report. He evidently believed me 100% and I emerged with nothing on my record, not even that I'd been arrested. Might you not think that that from that experience I'd not have high expectations of the police and that they might be the opposite? On the other hand I've had up to three present or future members of the police force be on my softball teams.

I'll leave it to nother discussion why I really don't want to have a real gun in my house.

Vinny
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:50 pm

vnatale wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:39 pm
I'll leave it to nother discussion why I really don't want to have a real gun in my house.
I think we know.
BruceLee.jpg
BruceLee.jpg (6.99 KiB) Viewed 5253 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:52 pm

vnatale wrote:
Mountaineer wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:28 pm
vnatale wrote:

Vinny
They are on my street. Fire / Police combination complex setup. I'd say they are 3 miles/ 5 minutes away tops.

One time, last decade, there was someone shining a flashlight through my front door. I called the police. They told me it was them! A neighbor has called them complaining about the music that was playing in my garage.

And, I just recounted to someone how I was charged with a felony - illegal possession of a narcotic - in December 1972 and did not get to go to court until May 1975. Vice squad guy who arrested me and made those charges lied about all in his police report. I was totally innocent. I was looking forward to my time in court for us to look eye to eye and have him lie to my face. Fortunately, it worked out perfectly for me that day in court when I told the judge exactly what had happened contrary to the official police report. He evidently believed me 100% and I emerged with nothing on my record, not even that I'd been arrested. Might you not think that that from that experience I'd not have high expectations of the police and that they might be the opposite? On the other hand I've had up to three present or future members of the police force be on my softball teams.

I'll leave it to another discussion why I really don't want to have a real gun in my house.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:53 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:50 pm
vnatale wrote:
I think we know.

BruceLee.jpg
Far from it! I'm in good shape for my age. But I'm not going to scare ANYONE! I do, however, have a metal baseball bat in the living room that I'd use if it came down to it.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:42 pm

Graham Nash Performs CSNY Hit 'Our House' From Home in New York City | In My Room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROCzHRz ... sQrycmwzn4