What a mess.... (Middle East related)

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

clacy
Executive Member
Executive Member

What a mess.... (Middle East related)

Post by clacy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:54 am

A pro-Iranian General of the Quds Force, which apparently is an elite military group affiliated with the Iranian Revolutionary guard is leading the attack on ISIS to take back Tikrit. 

The old saying, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" has taken new meaning in region of the world that is so fractured and where almost nothing is black and white.

A very complex situation, where there are no good solutions from what I can see.....
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: What a mess.... (Middle East related)

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:05 am

Then this is a good time for the US to GET OUT.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:16 pm

Need I remind anyone that Iran is a third world country?  If they execute as well as a first world country...  remember the Iran-Iraq war?  It was WWI all over again.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:31 pm

MachineGhost wrote: Need I remind anyone that Iran is a third world country?  If they execute as well as a first world country...  remember the Iran-Iraq war?  It was WWI all over again.
It took wars like WWI to settle the types of broiling disputes that are going to be on steroids when you have lines drawn through countries in the Middle East the way they are.  Perhaps they just need to go through the same growing pains the West has to get where it is today.
"Men did not make the earth. It is the value of the improvements only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property. Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds."

- Thomas Paine
fnord123
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by fnord123 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:43 pm

MachineGhost wrote: Need I remind anyone that Iran is a third world country?  If they execute as well as a first world country...  remember the Iran-Iraq war?  It was WWI all over again.
Both ISIS and Iran are our enemies, so a nasty war of attrition that kills many on both sides sounds like something in our interest, no?