The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

User avatar
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 am

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by Maddy » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:59 am

What I'd give to have some of our "emeritus" members back on the forum to defend this sort of shit.
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 6293
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by technovelist » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:08 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:34 am
pugchief wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:04 am
Petition asks Trader Joe's to change its 'racist' food packaging

@Cortopassi: You are Italian, your wife is Chinese. Were you guys ever offended by the logo Trader Giotto or Trader Ming? I know that my Chinese daughter in law is not.
We are not, but I see where you are going.

If you guys aren’t or haven’t watched the Trump Wallace interview, I am now, I see a sweaty guy who still cannot say anything unifying.
I see a communist propagandist attacking a President who is trying to make the country better for everyone.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 6293
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by technovelist » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:12 am

sophie wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:38 am
I've been to plenty of ethnic restaurants of all kinds in NYC at which the servers and line cooks are mostly Hispanic. Nobody cares as long as the food is good - at least until now. And, does that mean that a Thai restaurant can't employ a black server?

All of which goes to show that the leftist narrative is inherently contradictory and illogical. There was a really strange article in today's WSJ which unfortunately didn't allow comments, or I'd have written one for sure. It stated a long list of studies demonstrating that working from home is more efficient than working from the office (productivity goes up), then stated several pieces of evidence that people prefer working from home, and then concluded that most workers are really really wanting to go back to working at the office. HUH?????

https://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2020/07/12/re ... pos6&dsk=y
Use the Dissenter browser (https://dissenter.com/) and you can comment on anything on the Web.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
User avatar
drumminj
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:16 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by drumminj » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:28 am

technovelist wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:12 am
Use the Dissenter browser (https://dissenter.com/) and you can comment on anything on the Web.
Where is the comments DB stored/who controls it? Cool idea, but it seems that person(s) has a lot of power to shape the conversation?
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 6293
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by technovelist » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:45 am

drumminj wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:28 am
technovelist wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:12 am
Use the Dissenter browser (https://dissenter.com/) and you can comment on anything on the Web.
Where is the comments DB stored/who controls it? Cool idea, but it seems that person(s) has a lot of power to shape the conversation?
It was developed by the same people who created Gab. Here are some reviews: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/disse ... er/reviews
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
User avatar
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1914
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by Cortopassi » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:15 am

Re, the topic name: if the left is eating itself, Trump has swallowed the republican party whole.

I enjoyed the interview. Pretty sure Biden now has enough material to make any number of campaign commercials with it. There are just too many golden nuggets to count.

But, yep, CNN, Cillizza, another communist propagandist, like Chris Wallace, finds 55 nuggets! Go ahead, refute any/all of this.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/20/politics ... index.html
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 6293
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by technovelist » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:33 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:15 am
Re, the topic name: if the left is eating itself, Trump has swallowed the republican party whole.

I enjoyed the interview. Pretty sure Biden now has enough material to make any number of campaign commercials with it. There are just too many golden nuggets to count.

But, yep, CNN, Cillizza, another communist propagandist, like Chris Wallace, finds 55 nuggets! Go ahead, refute any/all of this.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/20/politics ... index.html
This is all the same out-of-context quotes that all the Marxist media use. And yes, CNN is a participant in the same propaganda.

Here, I'll show you how it's done.

You said, "Trump has enough material to make any number of campaign commercials. There are just too many golden nuggets to count."

Obviously you were saying that the interview was a big success for Trump!

But there were words left out? Exactly.

This is so intellectually dishonest that I'm going to killfile you. I'm sure someone else will let me know if you decide to have an honest discussion.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
User avatar
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3857
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by Mountaineer » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:20 pm

This prompts me to wonder: Why do we on this board, a microcosm of the US, see the same facts/situation and come to such different conclusions? We seem to be smart, we seem to be relatively respectful of each other (not quite like the bigger country), and we seem to want what will be best for our children/grandkids/friends. What the hell is the primary issue? I am bumfuzzled!
When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who were not smart enough to get out of jury duty.
User avatar
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3756
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by sophie » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:24 pm

This podcast might make you feel better. This guy is arguing that Democrats are driving away voters with their extreme positions, and many center-left voters will be pulling the lever for Trump even though they would have preferred a centrist Democratic candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcADgDe7MmY
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 6293
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by technovelist » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:30 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:20 pm
This prompts me to wonder: Why do we on this board, a microcosm of the US, see the same facts/situation and come to such different conclusions? We seem to be smart, we seem to be relatively respectful of each other (not quite like the bigger country), and we seem to want what will be best for our children/grandkids/friends. What the hell is the primary issue? I am bumfuzzled!
The primary issue is the Marxist media spewing propaganda 24/7.

If all you knew was what you read in the NY Times, the Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NBC, you would believe that Trump is the reincarnation of Hitler.

Of course this assumes that you can't think for yourself. If you do, you will eventually realize that they keep changing their indictments of him on a nearly daily basis. He's ineffective because he lets the cities burn. No, wait, he's Hitler because he sends federal officers to stop rioters from torching a federal building.

Well, which is it? Either or both at the same time, depending on which they think will hurt him and his supporters.

So anyone who can think for himself will realize the Marxist media are frauds and stop listening to them.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
User avatar
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 6293
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by technovelist » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:44 pm

sophie wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:24 pm
This podcast might make you feel better. This guy is arguing that Democrats are driving away voters with their extreme positions, and many center-left voters will be pulling the lever for Trump even though they would have preferred a centrist Democratic candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcADgDe7MmY
Tim Pool used to be a liberal, by the way. In fact, he was a Bernie supporter.
Now he can see that the Democrats are insane and will ruin the country if they get power.
Too bad everyone else can't see that too, but the Marxist media have a powerful grip on their victims.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1022
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by stuper1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:47 pm

A good Tom Woods podcast recently discussed the problems with Abe Lincoln. The historian being interviewed said that the states prior to the Civil War made up a republic. Whereas the states after the civil war are a "union" essentially in the same sense as the Soviet Union was a union, i.e. under coercion. The media are just Pravda spouting the party line to keep the fiction of a republic and the reality of this new "union" going.

He also debunked the starry eyed view that the Civil War was due to the north wanting to free the slaves. It sounds like it was fought mainly over economic issues, which is much more believable to me, as that seems the primary motivation to war.
Post Reply