FBI REOPENS HILLARY INVESTIGATION

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

FBI REOPENS HILLARY INVESTIGATION

Post by Reub »

This is a blockbuster. The Hillary email investigation has been reopened by the FBI and Jim Comey 11 days before the election. What did they find? Is this the end for her? If she still wins, can she be indicted and tried for crimes committed? Impeachment?

And how long before the next sex smear against Trump? I think it has to be today.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10 ... l-use.html
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: FBI REOPENS HILLARY INVESTIGATION

Post by Benko »

No one can possibly believe that anyone is ever going to indict Clinton. This tweet makes about as much sense as any reason I can think of:

Sean Davis
✔ ‎@seanmdav

Or maybe Jim Comey just found more Clinton cronies he needed to immunize before 2017 and he couldn't do that w/ a closed investigation.

1:24 PM - 28 Oct 2016
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

Benko, that is too clever by half. What matters is what the public perceives about this development. And it ain't good for Hillary.

That said, she might still win. Nixon won in 72 and Watergate had been in the news for months.
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko »

I Shrugged wrote: What matters is what the public perceives about this development. And it ain't good for Hillary.

That said, she might still win. Nixon won in 72 and Watergate had been in the news for months.
Is it really possible/likely that anyone who didn't think her corrupt already (well and cares) will think/be concerned about her being corrupt after this? Is it not like her behavior is unknown. MSNBC report Chris Matthews commented today that she is likely sell the Lincoln bedroom again if she wins.
Last edited by Benko on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

Maybe Comey has been bought off - get this on the front page instead of Wikileaks stuff, then dismiss the investigation saying nothing here to prosecute in a few days. Or, Obama is throwing Hillary under the bus to protect himself? Strange election indeed!
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

Or the tide has changed sufficiently that he's concerned about having bet on the wrong pony. Especially now that he's one of the top candidates for federal prosecution.

Again I wonder why Hillary's attorneys are not brokering a deal with Trump whereby she throws the election and walks. Sounds like a win-win deal for everyone concerned, including, quite possibly, the American people.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Appears to be about Anthony Weiner, who is of course the ex=husband of Hillary's aide, Huma Abedin.
Poor woman. She stuck w/ him too long.
If you were unable to log into Bitwarden today around 3:30pm EST, you’re not alone. (May 6) That was brief, but unsettling.
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tyler »

It's Weiner's fault again? LOL.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/us/po ... email.html

The headlines are going to be priceless. There will also be a nice humorous deflection available every time someone brings up Trump's sexual escapades from here on.
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

dualstow wrote:Appears to be about Anthony Weiner, who is of course the ex=husband of Hillary's aide, Huma Abedin.
Carlos Danger saves America! What an unlikely headline.
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

I bought some gold when I heard this news.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Reub wrote:I bought some gold when I heard this news.
Which dealer, if I may ask
If you were unable to log into Bitwarden today around 3:30pm EST, you’re not alone. (May 6) That was brief, but unsettling.
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

The Cocktober surprise!
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

Obama is about to speak at a campaign rally for Hillary. He has to save her and right now or its over.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost »

Reub wrote:
dualstow wrote:Appears to be about Anthony Weiner, who is of course the ex=husband of Hillary's aide, Huma Abedin.
Carlos Danger saves America! What an unlikely headline.
Didn't know WTF that was, but here's the scoop: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_W ... g_scandals

Is this the Black Swan event? I was hoping for something more gnarly. It seems kinda weak. What could a sextexting freak possibly have done that violated national security enough to reflect on Slick Hilly's continual bad judgement?

Also, I'm really getting sick and tired of the colored using white American first names as a propaganda tool. ::) I'm noticing this trend more and more, unfortunately. No way in hell are you going to convince me that Alissa is not white or Travis is not black -- it just reeks of desperation on the part of the immigrant parents otherwise. I'm all for assimilation, but own your own ethnicity.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

Unless more comes to light on this, I think it is only a medium bump in the road for Hillary. The media is with her, after all. They are already making the FBI director the bad guy. It helps Trump, but it's not a show stopper. In fact, it distracts from the Doug Band stuff about the Clinton money trail.

Why is Weiner's sexting a federal investigation? Aren't there state laws for it?
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tyler »

Reub wrote:The Cocktober surprise!
You should write headlines for the New York Post. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cv4wr2pVUAILBd6.jpg :)
I Shrugged wrote:Why is Weiner's sexting a federal investigation? Aren't there state laws for it?
I imagine it's because he was sexting a minor across state lines.
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

A real headline from tomorrow's NY Post:

Dickileaks: FBI Reopens Email Case

Stroking Gun

I'm not making it up.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-2 ... front-page
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Everyone is waiting to see: Who will be the Wiener of this erection?
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

What could be so explosive as to require Comey to frontrun the leak he knows is coming? As long as we're taking bets and playing for nickles, I'll hazard a guess that the e-mails Huma and hubby kept on personal devices establish that they were the intermediary through which Hillary has been passing state secrets directly to the Saudis. Could we get so lucky as to see the e-mails preceding September 11?
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

I'll also go out on a limb and state that anybody who thinks that an immunity deal or pardon would be binding under the present circumstances is full of shit.
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

There is nothing boring about finally draining the swamp and putting the left's cretins back in their cages where they belong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njN75nJdCAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCx3ov55tUw
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko »

Desert wrote:The real story is probably a bit more boring than we'd like:

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton ... din-514918

While the article does a decent job of explaining this latest situation, the last paragraph is ridiculously melodramatic.
The real story may or may not be boring but to read a mainstream journal on Clinton and to expect to read anything different from the equivalent of Pravda is naive.

Whoppers in the article include:

"Abedin, who did not know Clinton used a private server for her emails" and

"However, the letter he sent could well damage the reputation of the FBI as an apolitical organization for years to come."
As if it has not already been?
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

Benko wrote:
Desert wrote:The real story is probably a bit more boring than we'd like:

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton ... din-514918

While the article does a decent job of explaining this latest situation, the last paragraph is ridiculously melodramatic.
The real story may or may not be boring but to read a mainstream journal on Clinton and to expect to read anything different from the equivalent of Pravda is naive.

Whoppers in the article include:

"Abedin, who did not know Clinton used a private server for her emails" and

"However, the letter he sent could well damage the reputation of the FBI as an apolitical organization for years to come."
As if it has not already been?
Did you hear Hillary lie once again at her "press conference" yesterday when she said that Comey sent his letter only to Republicans? She can't help herself.
curlew
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by curlew »

A quote from Jonah Goldberg of NR that I very much agree with....
But in all of the arguments and counter-arguments about whether Comey is right or wrong, principled or cynical, something important is lost in the conversation: This is all Hillary Clinton’s fault. She did this. She and her husband have spent 30 years bending and breaking the rules and letting others pay the price for it. The Clintons force everyone off the highroad and then, when convenient, condemn them for deviating from it. Clinton put Comey in a terrible situation. We can condemn him — or praise him — for the decisions he made once he ended up there. But let’s not lose sight of the fact that this is all Hillary Clinton’s doing in the first place. She decided to use the home-brew server. She decided to lie about it. She did this. And if she ends up losing this election (which I still very much doubt) it will be her fault — and her fault alone.
But it won't stop her from complaining it was all the fault of the VRWC.
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub »

Desert wrote:Curlew, I agree 100% with that as well. She's made her own ugly bed.
Should we stone her and her supporters?