Gold Dealer questions

Discussion of the Gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

ppnewbie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Gold Dealer questions

Post by ppnewbie »

I want to start buying gold and having it stored by the dealer itself. I want the most reputable business with the longest history. I am having trouble because they seem to be alot of these dealers. I want something as stable and secure as Perth Mint, which is one of my options. I'm a little wary of it being so far away though. This account could get big over the years because I'm going to start converting dollars into gold (and back if needed).
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Gold Dealer questions

Post by Libertarian666 »

ppnewbie wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:18 pm I want to start buying gold and having it stored by the dealer itself. I want the most reputable business with the longest history. I am having trouble because they seem to be alot of these dealers. I want something as stable and secure as Perth Mint, which is one of my options. I'm a little wary of it being so far away though. This account could get big over the years because I'm going to start converting dollars into gold (and back if needed).
I would not store gold at a dealer. They can get in trouble when there is tremendous volatility.
Like right now.

I'd use a non-dealer storage facility, like the Texas Bullion Depository. They aren't affected by gold price volatility.

(I have no relationship with them other than as a customer.)