GOP defending Confederate legacy?

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: GOP defending Confederate legacy?

Post by doodle » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:40 pm

No rational sane person is saying black people have the right to go out and burn down cities. Anyone who says that is an idiot. Sam Harris is right, we have a complete breakdown of respectful, sensitive and civil intelligent discourse in this country. The far left are as obnoxious as the far right in this regard. The problem is that you are completely fixated on the left as if their behavior emerges out of a vacuum and not seeing the way that the political right is instigating so much of this behavior. Its like if Johnny hit Bobby but no one calls out the fact that Bobby just called Johnny's mom a whore. Language and dialogue matter.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:45 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:37 pm
doodle wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:13 pm
I also don't think you can fully appreciate what it's like to grow up in a country that enslaved your people for 400 years, and then discrimated against your people through the law for another 100 years. A country whose monuments and history books are full of positive stories about people that probably raped, murdered, flogged and at the very least subjugated and dehumanized your race and culture. I don't think you have any idea what it must feel like to be raised in those circumstances and the psychological effects it must have on your development
Not that it's any less evil to enslave people for 100 years vs 400 years, but please explain where you came up with that figure of 400 unless it came form Joe Biden. 1865-1776= < 100. Even if you go back to 1620 when they landed at Plymouth when we were not yet a country, that's still less than 250 years. Again, not that it's any less evil.
African slaves in the Americas...so not technically America as a nation. Does it really matter if the same flag was flown. Africans were enslaved on this American continent for 400 or so years.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:48 pm

By the way, I'd say that my language when discussing this issue is quite derogatory and incendiary. I would never use this same manner of speaking if I were the president...just like I speak differently in different roles and different social settings. Trump on the other hand doesn't understand this...you see it as an endearing feature I see it as some sort of psychological developmental issue.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:51 pm

doodle wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:48 pm
By the way, I'd say that my language when discussing this issue is quite derogatory and incendiary. I would never use this same manner of speaking if I were the president...just like I speak differently in different roles and different social settings. Trump on the other hand doesn't understand this...you see it as an endearing feature I see it as some sort of psychological developmental issue.
I suspect most of us don't see it as endearing. We just don't think that Clinton, Biden, or any other big-government type would be any better.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:58 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:22 pm
doodle wrote:
I also don't think you can fully appreciate what it's like to grow up in a country that enslaved your people for 400 years, and then discrimated against your people through the law for another 100 years. A country whose monuments and history books are full of positive stories about people that probably raped, murdered, flogged and at the very least subjugated and dehumanized your race and culture. I don't think you have any idea what it must feel like to be raised in those circumstances and the psychological effects it must have on your development
Can you appreciate what it feels like to know that you are descended from brutal rapists, murderers, floggers, and dehumanizers? It's very hard to know that my race is uniquely evil, unlike any other race of people who have ever existed. I'm not sure how I can ever make up for that. Oh wait, yes I do. I need to go out and try to do better tomorrow. That's the same thing that black people need to do. If we give them a pass when they act like uncivilized lunatics, guess what? We aren't helping them at all.
How about giving everyone a copy of HB's book "How to find freedom in an unfree world" and be done with it.

Who the hell cares what happened 400 years ago any way? I have no clue what my ancestors were doing back then or even who they were.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:14 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:51 pm
doodle wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:48 pm
I suspect most of us don't see it as endearing. We just don't think that Clinton, Biden, or any other big-government type would be any better.
If Biden spoke like this if be up one side of him and down the other as well. I'm not saying anyone should support Biden, just stop defending Trump's shitty leadership abilities. And by the way, for a small government type Trump certainly loves running up yuuuuggeee deficits.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:52 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:30 pm
Here's another thought experiment, two sides of the coin. A black guy walks into a gym full of white people. That's one side of the coin. The other side is a white guy walks into a gym full of black people.

Which one of these two people likely subjectively feels more fear in his mind, the black guy walking into the white gym or the white guy walking into the black gym? Of course, this will vary greatly with the individuals, but just on average, which one of these two people is likely to subjectively feel more fear in his mind?

Now, taking out subjective feelings and just going by statistics, which one should objectively feel more fear in his mind? In other words, statistically speaking, is there more white-on-black crime or more black-on-white crime?

I suspect both subjectively and objectively the answers are the same. And yet we are told that we should be worried about white supremacy being a huge problem in this country. In other words, the media is just stirring things up for their own purposes, which are basically to get more click revenue and to please their biggest advertisers.
We don't have to guess about this because we actually have expert testimony on exactly this issue:

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

― Jesse Jackson (https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/5978-t ... this-stage)
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:54 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:37 pm
doodle wrote:
Not that it's any less evil to enslave people for 100 years vs 400 years, but please explain where you came up with that figure of 400 unless it came form Joe Biden. 1865-1776= < 100. Even if you go back to 1620 when they landed at Plymouth when we were not yet a country, that's still less than 250 years. Again, not that it's any less evil.
Didn't you know that math is racist?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/its- ... -is-racist
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:56 pm

doodle wrote:
I fully agree.

All people who feel this way should go back to the countries their ancestors came from, where they don't have to worry about all that white supremacy.

And all those who are trying to get into this terrible racist country should turn around and go right back to where they also won't have to worry about this.

Problem solved!
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:58 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:52 pm
stuper1 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:30 pm
Here's another thought experiment, two sides of the coin. A black guy walks into a gym full of white people. That's one side of the coin. The other side is a white guy walks into a gym full of black people.

Which one of these two people likely subjectively feels more fear in his mind, the black guy walking into the white gym or the white guy walking into the black gym? Of course, this will vary greatly with the individuals, but just on average, which one of these two people is likely to subjectively feel more fear in his mind?

Now, taking out subjective feelings and just going by statistics, which one should objectively feel more fear in his mind? In other words, statistically speaking, is there more white-on-black crime or more black-on-white crime?

I suspect both subjectively and objectively the answers are the same. And yet we are told that we should be worried about white supremacy being a huge problem in this country. In other words, the media is just stirring things up for their own purposes, which are basically to get more click revenue and to please their biggest advertisers.
We don't have to guess about this because we actually have expert testimony on exactly this issue:

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

― Jesse Jackson (https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/5978-t ... this-stage)
There you have it. If anyone ever dares to build a statue to Jesse Jackson, I'm sure the SJWs will need to tear it down the next time the media stirs them up, because it's obvious from his own words that he is a racial bigot and hates black people in his heart of hearts.

For anybody reading this who is less advanced in the art of communication than myself, the above words are an example of the style known as "sarcasm". The point is that just as Jesse Jackson is not a bigot, neither is a white person who feels fear when he is walking in a black neighborhood. They are both just cautious realists.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:16 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:08 pm
PSA: I may be forced to change my screen name on this forum. Apparently, it's racist.

City mulls removing 'chief' from job titles, saying term is offensive to Native Americans
No more 'chief' of police or fire 'chief'?
Fake news
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:26 pm

MangoMan wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:08 pm
PSA: I may be forced to change my screen name on this forum. Apparently, it's racist.

City mulls removing 'chief' from job titles, saying term is offensive to Native Americans
No more 'chief' of police or fire 'chief'?
At this point basically everything is racist.

And if everything is racist, then nothing is racist!
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:27 pm

In my rounds about town, I've noticed a lot of BLM signs in business windows. It got me wondering how many of them are sincere and how many are put there just in hopes that the sign will be a magical spell to ward off window-shattering violence?

I read a related comment on another forum where the person wondered how long it will be before we need to have say a BLM tattoo on our face in order to ward off violence to our person. This sounds like hyperbole but then you stop to think about it more and have to wonder. The socially approved tattoo position would have to be somewhere outside the ubiquitous face mask that we may be wearing for a long time.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:47 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:27 pm
In my rounds about town, I've noticed a lot of BLM signs in business windows. It got me wondering how many of them are sincere and how many are put there just in hopes that the sign will be a magical spell to ward off window-shattering violence?

I read a related comment on another forum where the person wondered how long it will be before we need to have say a BLM tattoo on our face in order to ward off violence to our person. This sounds like hyperbole but then you stop to think about it more and have to wonder. The socially approved tattoo position would have to be somewhere outside the ubiquitous face mask that we may be wearing for a long time.
I have an answer to that question as far as it pertains to where I live: Never.
The first time these thugs start something around here, they will be taken care of very permanently.
There's a reason the violence is in the cities.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:47 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:47 pm
stuper1 wrote:

The first time these thugs start something around here, they will be taken care of very permanently.
The problem is that the SJWs may well be in full control soon. Then they will send the federal officers after recalcitrant, incorrigible deplorables like yourself Waco-style. The sweet smelling savor of roasted white flesh will go up as a sacrifice to their gods. You may well be better off getting a discreet BLM tattoo on your upper cheek or neck just as a form of insurance.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:10 pm

stuper1 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:47 pm
Libertarian666 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:47 pm
stuper1 wrote:

The problem is that the SJWs may well be in full control soon. Then they will send the federal officers after recalcitrant, incorrigible deplorables like yourself Waco-style. The sweet smelling savor of roasted white flesh will go up as a sacrifice to their gods. You may well be better off getting a discreet BLM tattoo on your upper cheek or neck just as a form of insurance.
That would lead to civil war.
However, I'm too old to fight effectively. So if the Democrats get into power I'll probably leave the country.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:54 am

Simonjester wrote: does the bee still do satire? or is it a hard news outlet now?

https://babylonbee.com/news/activists-f ... ite-people
Brilliant!
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:44 am

Simonjester wrote: does the bee still do satire? or is it a hard news outlet now?

https://babylonbee.com/news/activists-f ... ite-people
It's often very difficult to tell these days.