Nascar Noose

Other discussions not related to the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Nascar Noose

Post by stuper1 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:13 pm

I feel like I need to make a public apology to everyone on this forum. A few weeks ago I posted something saying that racism is actually not a major issue in this country and that the media is just using it as a wedge to divide America further. However, after reading several of the thoughtful media reports on the rope noose that was used to flagrantly threaten Nascar's sole African-American driver, I feel that I need to retract my statement and apologize, because it is now becoming clear to me that hate-filled racism is still a much bigger problem than I had realized in this country.
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Nascar Noose

Post by Hal » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:59 pm

Hi Stuper,

First I heard of this was the attached link I read only a minute ago. Then come here and saw your post.

May be informative??

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/fbi ... acy-theory
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:42 pm

Even if it was some Klansman hanging a noose to intimidate a black person, I don't see how you'd think racism is a much bigger problem than you would otherwise, unless you don't think there are those kind of people already? I think those people are vanishingly rare, so I don't think it's a big problem. If black people were still being regularly lynched, then it would certainly be a much bigger problem. The leftist media seems to talk about lynching a lot; mostly hoaxes like the Air Force Academy one, Jussie Smollett, & that one university professor, so they bring up Emmett Till a lot even though that happened like 65 years ago. Come at me bros.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:37 pm

Simonjester wrote:
or the whole thing was fake news and the noose had been on the garage door handle for years? months? before garage #4 was ever assigned to a black driver...
Guys,
stuper1 is just taking the piss.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:12 pm

Mark Leavy wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:37 pm
Guys,
stuper1 is just taking the piss.
I bet it was the word "thoughtful" that gave my true feelings away? Was that it? Too over the top?

Mark is right of course. When I saw this noose story yesterday or whenever, I was 99% sure that it would be shown as a hoax, and sure enough it was revealed today as one. For a day or so the media hyped this story like it was a huge problem. I laughed out loud however at how some of the media presented it even after was revealed to be a completely different story than a hate crime. One of the headlines said something like "Federal Authorities Decide Not to Press Charges on Nascar Noose Affair". So anyone just reading the headline would think that probably some KKK guy was behind the noose, but they just didn't have quite enough evidence to press charges. If the media weren't so biased the headline would say something like "Nascar Noose Found to Be Nothing".
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:29 am

stuper1 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:12 pm
Too over the top?
I thought it was well done. To do it right, you can't perfectly mock your target. You have to leave a clue or two.
You nailed it.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:13 am

Having a national conversation sounds like that nowadays.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:43 am

This is a perfect example of "fake noose".
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:06 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:43 am
This is a perfect example of "fake noose".
;D ;D
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.