Bombing Syria

SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Bombing Syria

Post by SomeDude » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:13 pm

Who couldn't see this coming? Evidently Russia was only given 5 min advance notice. Their military presence in Syria is at the request of Assad.

Looks like more military adventures in our future.

So we'll get what the liberals wanted all along, war, and nicer tweets.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Bombing Syria

Post by stuper1 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:22 pm

Yes at least we don't have those mean tweets to deal with any longer. And isn't it so much more pleasant now that the media has a president who doesn't deserve to be treated so negatively all the time? At least we don't have to read the negative headlines all the time.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:13 pm

The negative headlines are still there, it's just that now instead of being about the president, they're about the former president and the people who didn't hate him enough.

Since the former president murdered 500,000 Americans, nuked the economy, and promoted the genocide of all non-white Americans, the media will be reporting on all of those atrocities and their associated fallout for years.

But yes, the mean tweets are gone. So America can finally heal and unify as we bomb the shit out of Syria.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:17 pm

Is it being covered in MSM?
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:44 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:17 pm
I’m sorry, is MSM an acronym for Major Stupid Morons? Seems redundant. ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:04 pm

I Shrugged wrote:

Since you specifically asked....I received these two emails last night...

Vinny

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (39.05 KiB) Viewed 3843 times

1Capture.JPG
1Capture.JPG (61.53 KiB) Viewed 3843 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
InsuranceGuy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by InsuranceGuy » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:13 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by InsuranceGuy on Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:17 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:13 pm
Who couldn't see this coming? Evidently Russia was only given 5 min advance notice. Their military presence in Syria is at the request of Assad.

Wow. When Biden's election was settled, I predicted we'd be in a war within a year. Turns out we only had to wait a few weeks. Yup, don't you love how predictable the swamp (aka the standard Washington political infrastructure) is?

Maybe this is the way out of the COVID crisis: distract the press (and thus the public) with a war. Hey, it worked for the 1918 flu.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:24 pm

sophie wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:17 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:13 pm

Wow. When Biden's election was settled, I predicted we'd be in a war within a year. Turns out we only had to wait a few weeks. Yup, don't you love how predictable the swamp (aka the standard Washington political infrastructure) is?

Maybe this is the way out of the COVID crisis: distract the press (and thus the public) with a war. Hey, it worked for the 1918 flu.

It was because of WW I going on that it was called "The Spanish Flu" even though it did not originate in Spain.

Because the United States and its allies were fighting the war (while Spain was not) they suppressed news reports of what was going on while Spain maintained an open press and did report what was going on in Spain. Hence, the misconception that it originated in Spain and it then being called "The Spanish Flu".

Finally, I believe that WW I started in July 1914 and, of course, ended on November 11, 1911 (also at 11:11 AM, I think).

There had been protracted negotiations going on prior to Armistice Day, Therefore, while the flu was going on I believe those were months of the tail end of the war and much less intensity in fighting then there had been in prior years. However, It was going on during the relatively brief time (1917 & 1918, I believe) that the United States in the War.

The United States being in that war with soldiers packed in everywhere - both in barracks in the United States and on transport ships on the way to Europe - was instrumental in spreading the flu worldwide.

That was a flu that delivered an extremely swift death to otherwise young, healthy people. Fine one day, dead the next.

Anyone seen any numbers lately comparing how many deaths in the United States we'd have to have now relative to population compared to what happened then?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:59 pm

I Shrugged wrote:

New York Times covering it....

Biden Orders Airstrike in Syria Targeting Iran-Backed Militias

by Helene Cooper and Eric Schmitt
NYT > U.S. / 2021-02-25 20:59

President Biden ordered retaliatory strikes against the militias whose attacks in Erbil this month killed one civilian contractor and wounded a U.S. service member.
InsuranceGuy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by InsuranceGuy » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:42 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by InsuranceGuy on Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:55 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:59 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
New York Times covering it....

Biden Orders Airstrike in Syria Targeting Iran-Backed Militias

by Helene Cooper and Eric Schmitt
NYT > U.S. / 2021-02-25 20:59

President Biden ordered retaliatory strikes against the militias whose attacks in Erbil this month killed one civilian contractor and wounded a U.S. service member.
Thanks Vinny.

Erbill is in Northern Iraq. If you believe a contractor from the Philippines was killed there ok that's fine....but why again is the US bombing Syria?

If you think those events are connected you will believe anything.

Bombing Syria and their military and escalating tension with russia was the official US government position when Barrack Hussein Obama left office. Trump upset that apple cart.

Now with the fraudulent election and installation of this babbling moronic vegetable, all the bush/Cheney/Obama people are back in charge and the program is resuming.

They tell you a story for why and God help anyone who believes them.

As a side bar my wife and i were watching tv and a bizarre commercial came on for the NYT. It was very weird imagery and they kept flashing "truth" on the screen. Pravda anyone?
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:52 pm

That didn't take long.

Jimmy Carter's record of never bombing a country since bombing countries became popular remains intact. Strangely he is considered one of the worse presidents ever.

Not sure but this might have set a new record for how soon a new president bombs another country. I read somewhere today that Kamala is being put in charge of foreign policy so maybe she gets the prize.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:03 am

tomfoolery wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:09 am
Let’s cool it with the alt right extremists conspiracy theories.

We have to trust our elected leaders. I’m sure Biden has good cause to do this and it will come out in the course of time. When your guy was president, we didn’t jump to conclusions and attack him, please afford us Democrats the same courtesy.

In the mean time how about we focus on getting a living wage for our citizens with $15/hr and cutting the gender wage gap. Did you know women make 70 cents on the dollar compared to men?
What's a "woman" anyway? That term is an artificial construct of heteronormative clods.