The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Left is Eating Itself Pt. II

Post by dualstow » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:35 am

p.s. saw on fox biz that Disney plans to expand to 10 “anti-gay” countries, like Pakistan.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
ppnewbie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ppnewbie » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:03 am

flyingpylon wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:31 am
Xan wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:43 pm

It seems to be the case that younger people have hugely higher rates of, let's say, alternative sexuality than people from older generations. Doesn't one have to conclude that the difference is a result of all the marketing about how awesome homosexuality is?
THIS. Adolescence and teen life can be rough, and there has always been an “alt” crowd or a variety of them. But now those crowds are formed around sexuality and gender and there are a lot of very confused kids that are just desperate to find a place to fit in.
One concerning trend is that the medical industrial complex seems to be encouraging gender transitions at a relatively young age. The profit motive is HUGE per person.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:04 pm

I read an article about sex, and instead of writing “woman”, they used the term “vagina-haver”. A man was a penis-haver.

No matter, soon those will be deemed offensive and will be replaced.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:45 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:04 pm
I read an article about sex, and instead of writing “woman”, they used the term “vagina-haver”. A man was a penis-haver.

I saw womb carrier in the past few days. I don’t suppose “big swinging dick” is acceptable for the other gender- oops, I mean one of the other 23 genders.
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:25 pm

ohh...I want to be objectified into my genatalia. Much more wholesome than using traditional words.
1/n weirdo. US-TSM, US-SCV, Intl-SCV, LTT, STT, GLD (+ a little in MF)
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:27 pm

dualstow wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:45 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:04 pm

I saw womb carrier in the past few days. I don’t suppose “big swinging dick” is acceptable for the other gender- oops, I mean one of the other 23 genders.
It seems like we'll need a word to describe "people with penises and testicles" and another to describe "people with vaginas". I'm curious what, exactly, is wrong with using "man" and "woman" as those words...? Why can't a man who likes to wear dresses and makeup not just be a man who likes to wear dresses and makeup?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:47 pm

We’re all just people with different operating systems, Xan. Some run Eunuchs.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:02 pm

dualstow wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:47 pm
lol, that reminds me one time probably 30 years ago, my cousin and my grandmother were at the library and he asked for a book about Unix. I wish I'd been there to see her eyebrows shoot up!
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:00 pm

dualstow wrote:
Hahaha 🤣
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:47 pm

dualstow wrote:
Some cultures remove the stones, other cultures slice it all off.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:02 am

🚧 I moved recent posts here so that in this thread we can continue pounding the Left 🚧
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:36 am

10,000+ words. So good.

ELEPHANT IN THE ZOOM
Meltdowns Have Brought Progressive Advocacy Groups to a Standstill at a Critical Moment in World History

https://theintercept.com/2022/06/13/pro ... t-culture/
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:49 am

I started reading...but damn its long. Is the TLDR NGO's are a shitty place to work and it's gotten shittier in the past couple of years?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:58 pm

joypog wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:49 am
I started reading...but damn its long. Is the TLDR NGO's are a shitty place to work and it's gotten shittier in the past couple of years?
Well, there is this line:

“We used to want to make the world a better place,” said one leader of a progressive organization. “Now we just make our organizations more miserable to work at.”
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:00 pm

Another great quote that makes you think of this thread’s title:
Another leader said the strife has become so destructive that it feels like an op. “I’m not saying it’s a right-wing plot, because we are incredibly good at doing ourselves in, but — if you tried — you couldn’t conceive of a better right-wing plot to paralyze progressive leaders by catalyzing the existing culture where internal turmoil and microcampaigns are mistaken for strategic advancement of social impact for the millions of people depending on these organizations to stave off the crushing injustices coming our way,” said another longtime organization head. “Progressive leaders cannot do anything but fight inside the orgs, thereby rendering the orgs completely toothless for the external battles in play. … Everyone is scared, and fear creates the inaction that the right wing needs to succeed in cementing a deeply unpopular agenda.”
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:53 pm

Having grown up in a reformed baptist church, I'm well aware of the dynamics of purity tests. In this moment where politics has become the religion of the left, I'm not at all surprised that those folks are as the thread title says, eating themselves.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:48 pm

dualstow wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:00 pm

Another great quote that makes you think of this thread’s title:

Another leader said the strife has become so destructive that it feels like an op. “I’m not saying it’s a right-wing plot, because we are incredibly good at doing ourselves in, but — if you tried — you couldn’t conceive of a better right-wing plot to paralyze progressive leaders by catalyzing the existing culture where internal turmoil and microcampaigns are mistaken for strategic advancement of social impact for the millions of people depending on these organizations to stave off the crushing injustices coming our way,” said another longtime organization head. “Progressive leaders cannot do anything but fight inside the orgs, thereby rendering the orgs completely toothless for the external battles in play. … Everyone is scared, and fear creates the inaction that the right wing needs to succeed in cementing a deeply unpopular agenda.”

Read the whole thing. Long, long, long, long article. But worthwhile reading.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:37 am

👍 Yeah, it’s over 10,000 words. I read the whole thing, with constant interruptions. It fits in well with the books I’ve been reading.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:34 am

If Mountainman78629 had his way ... this forum would no longer need this topic?

“An anonymous entity named OtherwiseJello6 posted a Parler screenshot from Mountainman78629 that read:
There needs to be some reform. Liberals have proven for years they can't be trusted with anything. Just an option but not only should they not be allowed to hold office, they shouldn’t be allowed to vote. They are basically free ranging criminals who not only the US but the world would be better off without. To me, the easiest fix is every conservative kill 2 liberals. I’m almost sure most everyone knows one or 2. If we all killed 2 in a single day there would be so many dead but no one alive would give a damn. Immediately all our problems would be gone and life would be so good literally everyone would say, why do that sooner? We could turn earth, or at least the US into heaven by getting rid of the problem at the root.

Excerpt From: Malcolm W. Nance. “THEY WANT TO KILL AMERICANS: THE MILITIAS, TERRORISTS, AND DERANGED IDEOLOGY OF THE TRUMP INSURGENCY.” St. Martin's Press
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:43 am

I'm sure there are plenty of examples of this kind of thinking from many ideologies.

I'm reminded of Zdogg's interview with Daniel Schmachtenberger (still highly recommended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7aIgHoydP8) where the point is made that if we look at our fellow countrymen as the main problem, then things really can't hold together.

I would also point out that the book you're quoting seems to be largely doing just that.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:14 am

Xan wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:43 am

I'm sure there are plenty of examples of this kind of thinking from many ideologies.

I'm reminded of Zdogg's interview with Daniel Schmachtenberger (still highly recommended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7aIgHoydP8) where the point is made that if we look at our fellow countrymen as the main problem, then things really can't hold together.

I would also point out that the book you're quoting seems to be largely doing just that.

Almost certain that I've never listened to that interview. Hopefully, will be able to do so in the next few days.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:46 pm

vnatale wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:14 am
Xan wrote:

Almost certain that I've never listened to that interview. Hopefully, will be able to do so in the next few days.

vnatale wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:35 pm
Xan wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:35 pm
Zdogg with a tremendous (in every sense of the word) interview with Daniel Schmachtenberger (who I'd never heard of). This guy is amazing. I'm only halfway through it so far. The topic is "existential risk to civilization".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7aIgHoydP8
This IS quite good! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I double the recommendation.

As soon as it ended I started it again for a second listen.

By the way .... does anyone here listen to Lex Fridman?

I discovered him last week and listened to several of his (long, long) podcasts. He is also quite good.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:08 pm

Xan wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:46 pm

vnatale wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:14 am

Xan wrote:

vnatale wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:35 pm

Xan wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:35 pm

Zdogg with a tremendous (in every sense of the word) interview with Daniel Schmachtenberger (who I'd never heard of). This guy is amazing. I'm only halfway through it so far. The topic is "existential risk to civilization".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7aIgHoydP8

This IS quite good! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I double the recommendation.

As soon as it ended I started it again for a second listen.

By the way .... does anyone here listen to Lex Fridman?

I discovered him last week and listened to several of his (long, long) podcasts. He is also quite good.

Wow! Many people call me Mr. Memory because of MY memory but with this feat on your part I may have to move aside!
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:13 pm

Are we living in an area of too much audio content? I mean listening to cassette tapes of sermons was one thing...but nowadays, our cup floweth over!

Even at 1.5x speed.

Of the making of books there is no end, too much study wearies the mind.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:26 pm

joypog wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:13 pm
Are we living in an area of too much audio content? I mean listening to cassette tapes of sermons was one thing...but nowadays, our cup floweth over!

Even at 1.5x speed.

Of the making of books there is no end, too much study wearies the mind.
You can’t read all the time. Your eyes get tired
— Jim Morrison