Excellent!

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Netflix junkie

Post by pugchief » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:18 am

The Stranger is great. I had to use subtitles as British English is a foreign language, but what a great plot.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:26 am

pugchief wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:18 am
The Stranger is great. I had to use subtitles as British English is a foreign language, but what a great plot.
As a reader I ALWAYS use subtitles. And am greatly disappointed when they are not available. They put a ton in the subtitles that is impossible to hear in the dialogs.

Vinny
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:46 am

What Happened to Monday

Not normally the type of movie I'd choose to watch. But I am glad that I did!

A+!

Vinny
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:51 am

I have finished 4 seasons of Breaking Bad. Mostly by having it on in the background while doing calculus or working out.

It is a fantastic show. Holy crap it's good. It makes me think of Dexter, except that what the protagonist is hiding is drugs instead of murder.
e + 1 = 0
Anything is a server if you're brave enough.
The Permanent Portfolio will be safe enough to walk away from and forget about completely only if it allows for more than just the problems and hazards that are obvious today. It will have to allow for all of the unforeseeable events of the next 5, 10, 15, or 20 years.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:11 am

Smith1776 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:51 am
I have finished 4 seasons of Breaking Bad. Mostly by having it on in the background while doing calculus or working out.

It is a fantastic show. Holy crap it's good. It makes me think of Dexter, except that what the protagonist is hiding is drugs instead of murder.
I gave every episode of every season my FULL attention. And, then went into Saul every season.

I had not watched any of either until last fall and winter. I devoured them quite quickly, watching many episodes in a sitting.

I first watched the movie, which made no sense to me because I had no background for it. But a few minutes after I watched the last episode of the last season I re-watched the movie. The second time around it made tons more sense.

I have a friend who watches the entirety of both Breaking Bad and Saul every winter.

Vinny
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:35 am

vnatale wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:11 am

I gave every episode of every season my FULL attention. And, then went into Saul every season.

I had not watched any of either until last fall and winter. I devoured them quite quickly, watching many episodes in a sitting.

I first watched the movie, which made no sense to me because I had no background for it. But a few minutes after I watched the last episode of the last season I re-watched the movie. The second time around it made tons more sense.

I have a friend who watches the entirety of both Breaking Bad and Saul every winter.

Vinny
JESSE JUST FIGURED OUT HOW HE ACTUALLY LOST THE CIGARETTE HOLY SHIT THIS SHOW IS AWESOME.
e + 1 = 0
The Permanent Portfolio will be safe enough to walk away from and forget about completely only if it allows for more than just the problems and hazards that are obvious today. It will have to allow for all of the unforeseeable events of the next 5, 10, 15, or 20 years.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:44 pm

Blood Father...

...my kind of movie!

Vinny
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:24 pm

Designated Survivor is just 24 and House of Cards mixed together into a single show.
e + 1 = 0
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:28 pm

Peaky Blinders is quite good. Someone sent me this really well done spoof of Tommy telling all his guys to self-isolate.
All of humanity’s problems with coronavirus stem from a man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.
- Blasé Kriegsspiel
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:24 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:28 pm
Peaky Blinders is quite good. Someone sent me this really well done spoof of Tommy telling all his guys to self-isolate.
😂 He wiped his eyes! Really good though. 😂
New drinking game: have a drink every time someone on the radio or TV news says "data"
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:57 pm

Killing Me Softly

Has a financial theme throughout it with the 2008 financial crisis playing in the background on TVs and radios.

Vinny