Gold mining mutual funds

A place to talk about speculative investing ideas for the optional Variable Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

rllewis

Gold mining mutual funds

Post by rllewis »

I'd like to speculate in gold mining stocks, but would like to diversify the risk by choosing a mutual fund that invests in them. Suggestions?
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Gold mining mutual funds

Post by Ad Orientem »

GDX or if you want to really get speculative GDXJ (junior miners).
Trumpism is not a philosophy or a movement. It's a cult.
China Bull
Associate Member
Associate Member

Re: Gold mining mutual funds

Post by China Bull »

Tocqueville seems to be one of the better ones that i've researched and i've parked some money there recently. it includes both major and junior miners as well as even holding  about 8-9% in physical gold. they have their own research team that visits mines,etc.Although mining stocks are getting hammered the past 12-18 months, i think you are smart to look to put some money into these at this time as this category of stocks way undervalued - easy does it though, VP and in the super risky category. if u believe in "buy low, sell high", you are half way there. have patience and wait for the party to move to this part of the room next and be one of the first to arrive, especially when the SHTF. To me, mining stocks over the past 12 months are where the remainder of the equities will be once the Fed kool aid wears off on the current party on wall street. Good luck